Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not working on all four of them, then it's most likely a token/password issue. I suggest signing off the app using the instructions that Jennifer kindly pasted in the previous page. Then reseting your MyTesla password on the Tesla Motors website (this step is optional, but it sometimes helps with getting the app working because some accounts are locked out due to entering the wrong password 3 times in a row). Then afterwards, signing back into the app.
i have reset my Tesla passwords, uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps and still Remote S no longer functions at all on any device. There is no way to make a support request that I can find except in this thread so I place it here in hopes of having a direct response.

I really miss miss having Remote S, especially on my Apple Watch. It was invaluable. I have no been without it for several weeks and am feeling withdrawal. Is there any way to get support directly? I will happily provide all my direct contact information if I know to whom it should be directed. The price did not bother me, but the inability to resolve a fundamental problem does bother me.

i have reset my Tesla passwords, uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps and still Remote S no longer functions at all on any device. There is no way to make a support request that I can find except in this thread so I place it here in hopes of having a direct response.

I really miss miss having Remote S, especially on my Apple Watch. It was invaluable. I have no been without it for several weeks and am feeling withdrawal. Is there any way to get support directly? I will happily provide all my direct contact information if I know to whom it should be directed. The price did not bother me, but the inability to resolve a fundamental problem does bother me.

It seems like only you are affected by this, since everyone else has been able to get their app working. So it's not something I can fix without first seeing what the issue is. But for me to see what's going on, I'd have to log in as your account to read what error messages the API server returns. If you PM me your username and password, I can look into it for you and come up with a possible fix. You can change the password when I'm done figuring out how to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

With the update to the official app adding the ability to Summon the car, seems plausible that Remote S can incorporate this as well and add to Apple Watch too.

Should be possible to add to Remote S and Apple Watch. I don't see the Summon or Garage Homelink buttons in the official app, though. Does anyone know how to enable them?

Should be possible to add to Remote S and Apple Watch. I don't see the Summon or Garage Homelink buttons in the official app, though. Does anyone know how to enable them?

i don't have the download yet, but from the 7.1 thread it appears the Summon icon only appears on the App when you, your FOB and your MS are near one another. Unsure if anyone has found the Homelink button yet except for changes in the MS 17" itself.

i don't have the download yet, but from the 7.1 thread it appears the Summon icon only appears on the App when you, your FOB and your MS are near one another. Unsure if anyone has found the Homelink button yet except for changes in the MS 17" itself.

I figured it out. The Summons button appears on the first page after you enable the setting in the car and are near the car with the key fob and the car is in Park with the charger out. Three buttons appears, forward, reverse and stop. On the top-right of that screen, there's a Home Link icon that you can use to toggle the home link. Only issue is that you can't toggle it if you don't have summons screen, which only appears in the conditions stated previously. This means that the Home Link button is disabled in all other cases, which I guess it's a security feature to prevent someone from accidentally opening their garage from across the world and then not knowing whether their garage is open or closed.

I figured it out. The Summons button appears on the first page after you enable the setting in the car and are near the car with the key fob and the car is in Park with the charger out. Three buttons appears, forward, reverse and stop. On the top-right of that screen, there's a Home Link icon that you can use to toggle the home link. Only issue is that you can't toggle it if you don't have summons screen, which only appears in the conditions stated previously. This means that the Home Link button is disabled in all other cases, which I guess it's a security feature to prevent someone from accidentally opening their garage from across the world and then not knowing whether their garage is open or closed.
And are these limitations controlled by the app? In other words: could you incorporate the functionality in your app without these limitations (just show the options, without checking if the car is near)?

- - - Updated - - -

"By the way: there is also a difference between US and Europe: Summon and homelink are not available in the EU app. I'm not sure how they determine that (different versions in app store, VIN, location...).

And are these limitations controlled by the app? In other words: could you incorporate the functionality in your app without these limitations (just show the options, without checking if the car is near)?

- - - Updated - - -

"By the way: there is also a difference between US and Europe: Summon and homelink are not available in the EU app. I'm not sure how they determine that (different versions in app store, VIN, location...).

After resuming work on the Remote S app today and spending a few hours in the freezing NY weather, I was able to get my version of the HomeLink button to work even when the Summon button was not available in the official app - such as when the car is in Drive or if the car is currently charging. I'm also able to remotely trigger the HomeLink from anywhere in the world, when the official app requires you to be near the car. However, the only thing I can't bypass is if the Summons feature is disabled in the car's settings. My guess is that this means those who don't have the autopilot hardware will not be able to enable HomeLink via the app regardless of my workaround. I will not know for sure until someone without Autopilot tries my HomeLink button.

As for your second question, I'm interested in whether I can allow the HomeLink button to work for non-US cars. I can't test this out, because my car is a U.S. Tesla. Do non-US cars allow the Summons setting in the car using the keyfob and only disable it via the app? If it does, there's a high chance that my HomeLink button can trigger the HomeLink, since my HomeLink button seems to bypass everything else except for when the user disables the Summons feature in the car settings.

- - - Updated - - -

summon is not available.

auto open HOMELINK IS, however.

But you're unable to use the HomeLink button via the app, right?

After resuming work on the Remote S app today

Glad to hear you're feeling up to working on it again, Allen!

As for your second question, I'm interested in whether I can allow the HomeLink button to work for non-US cars. I can't test this out, because my car is a U.S. Tesla. Do non-US cars allow the Summons setting in the car using the keyfob and only disable it via the app? If it does, there's a high chance that my HomeLink button can trigger the HomeLink, since my HomeLink button seems to bypass everything else except for when the user disables the Summons feature in the car settings.

From what I've read here, I do not believe that is the case. I believe the non-US cars did not get any aspect of Summons in the version of the firmware that they received.

I think I may have found a bug with 7.1, although don't know if anyone else had experienced it. When I hit the start climate button, it does properly say that climate control is on and actually does turn on the climate control, as it should. However, as soon as it updates the next time (within a few seconds), it won't show the fan speed and the button goes back from stop climate to start climate. It continues to show the inside and outside temps. I have verified that while climate control seems to have turned off, it is in fact still running properly. The correct state shows up in the official tesla app.

I have tried restarting the app, logging out and back in, and finally deleting and reinstalling the app. After the reinstall, it seemed to be working, but only worked properly once. It's now back to immediately showing "start climate" and not showing fan speed once it refreshes.

Thoughts?

I think I may have found a bug with 7.1, although don't know if anyone else had experienced it. When I hit the start climate button, it does properly say that climate control is on and actually does turn on the climate control, as it should. However, as soon as it updates the next time (within a few seconds), it won't show the fan speed and the button goes back from stop climate to start climate. It continues to show the inside and outside temps. I have verified that while climate control seems to have turned off, it is in fact still running properly. The correct state shows up in the official tesla app.

I have tried restarting the app, logging out and back in, and finally deleting and reinstalling the app. After the reinstall, it seemed to be working, but only worked properly once. It's now back to immediately showing "start climate" and not showing fan speed once it refreshes.

Thoughts?

I experienced the same yesterday.

Thoughts?

As I was working on Remote S for the past few days, I noticed that Tesla's servers appear to be bogged down. It didn't affect just Remote S, but also their official app. I tend to see this happen when a new update comes out, because everyone starts using their Tesla app and their servers have trouble handling the traffic. Logging out of Remote S and back in again seems to give you priority on their servers briefly, and then it goes back to losing communication. That's why Remote S sometimes shows old data, because it couldn't get the update. Meanwhile on the official app, I just get the spinning logo and sometimes I get "Waking car..." for about 15 minutes, even though my car isn't asleep and has "always connected" turned on. This is one of those things where you just have to wait for the users to stop using the official app so much, or wait until they boost the capacity of their servers.

I found a bug when precision car stats are enabled: The large number is displayed as rounded values and then the decimals are added. For example, if I am charging at 2.7 mph, it shows 3 mph. However if I turn on precision stats, it displays 3.70 mph!

I tested out the Summons and Autopark in Remote S in several conditions, and it appears that you must keep a keyfob near the car, have the car in Park, and have the car unplugged from the charger. I'm able to bypass the requirement that you stand next to the car, though. So you could theoretically leave the keyfob in the car and summon the car even if you're not close to the car.

i noticed that the HomeLink only requires that your car is near the HomeLink garage. But in the official app, it requires the Summons conditions as well (with keyfob, not plugged, etc.) to enable the HomeLink button. In Remote S, I can enable the HomeLink button as long as your car is near the garage. Seems like the official app should have done this, too, because when the car is plugged in, I'd like to be able to open/close my garage.

I found a bug when precision car stats are enabled: The large number is displayed as rounded values and then the decimals are added. For example, if I am charging at 2.7 mph, it shows 3 mph. However if I turn on precision stats, it displays 3.70 mph!
I'm fixing this in the upcoming version. Thanks for the bug report, though.

Next version of Remote S should be finished this week if nothing unexpected happens.

I tested out the Summons and Autopark in Remote S in several conditions, and it appears that you must keep a keyfob near the car, have the car in Park, and have the car unplugged from the charger. I'm able to bypass the requirement that you stand next to the car, though. So you could theoretically leave the keyfob in the car and summon the car even if you're not close to the car.

i noticed that the HomeLink only requires that your car is near the HomeLink garage. But in the official app, it requires the Summons conditions as well (with keyfob, not plugged, etc.) to enable the HomeLink button. In Remote S, I can enable the HomeLink button as long as your car is near the garage. Seems like the official app should have done this, too, because when the car is plugged in, I'd like to be able to open/close my garage.

I'm fixing this in the upcoming version. Thanks for the bug report, though.

Next version of Remote S should be finished this week if nothing unexpected happens.

Homelink access without summon would be a big plus for me. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well enough to work on the app!

Homelink access without summon would be a big plus for me. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well enough to work on the app!

Yea, they dropped the ball with putting the Homelink button in the Summons screen. I feel like the people who develop the official app aren't actually field testing the app in their own home. They work at the Tesla factory with factory cars, so maybe it didn't occur to them that people might want to use HomeLink without needing to meet the Summons conditions.

I'm actually not feeling well enough to work on this app yet. It's been torture for me to walk back and forth in crutches between my house and garage in freezing NY weather while carrying a laptop in my back. I do extensive field testing with my app, and that's what I've been hoping to put off until I can walk normally. But the window of opportunity for working on this app is closing in, because I will not have access to my Tesla starting tomorrow for a while. Therefore, I needed to do all the field testing now, because it's not really known yet how the Summons/HomeLink features work in detail (at least publicly). So I had to figure it out on my own with some trial and error.

Yea, they dropped the ball with putting the Homelink button in the Summons screen. I feel like the people who develop the official app aren't actually field testing the app in their own home. They work at the Tesla factory with factory cars, so maybe it didn't occur to them that people might want to use HomeLink without needing to meet the Summons conditions.

Bingo. Again, a reason Tesla should consider Apple a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.