Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind. Showed up eventually after about 15 minutes. huh...

- - - Updated - - -

It's the app settings found by opening the Settings app on your device and scrolling down to Remote S. From the iOS app, you can press either the Gear icon and then the Gear icon again. Or press the car icon with the circle around it, and then press on Advanced Settings. Vampire drain is displayed by default.

It wasn't there for quite a while. Nothing after the first 4 iOS access settings. Then it magically showed up. Maybe it didn't finish installing.

Allen, just wanted to say thanks. Download of your update went without a hitch from the App Store. New features are appreciated. ...and while I've said it before, I really appreciate your attention to detail not available in most other apps... e.g. taking the user directly to the iOS Settings page from your app, extremely clear graphics and honesty, just a lot of functionality I wish Tesla provided in their basic owner app -- especially multiple views of range, etc... While the app is fun on my Apple Watch, it's as useful on my iPhone and iPad. Another great release. TU

Allen, one suggestion for the next release as I've worked my way through changes I've found.

The new Homelink open is great, but in my case I have two garage doors defined in my MS. There does not appear to be an option within Remote S or its iOS Settings as to which door should be opened or closed. I press Homelink on the Remote S screen, and the same door opens and closes each time, but it's not the first one as defined to my MS (which I thought maybe would happen),,nor is it the last one my MS actually opened or closed itself. IIRC MS allows up to 3 doors to be defined with Homelink at any one time, so we really need a way to specify which one Remote S will control to make it useful. Thx for the consideration.

When i click the button while next to the car, i see this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454592067.500959.jpg

Allen,

Nice update.

I'd like to see a Confirmation dialog when I select Homelink. Pressed it yesterday from inside the house and the garage opened. I would hate to be away from home and accidentally activate Homelink and then not know whether my garage was open or not.

Mike

Allen,

Nice update.

I'd like to see a Confirmation dialog when I select Homelink. Pressed it yesterday from inside the house and the garage opened. I would hate to be away from home and accidentally activate Homelink and then not know whether my garage was open or not.
Mike

Unfortunately, most garage door openers only have a one-way path for control. There is no capability for the GDO to tell anything about the current status. The GDO requires you can see the door. No different than with the remote that comes with the GDO.

Unfortunately, most garage door openers only have a one-way path for control. There is no capability for the GDO to tell anything about the current status. The GDO requires you can see the door. No different than with the remote that comes with the GDO.

I just meant I'd like the option to turn on a confirmation dialog in the app when I select "Homelink". i.e., "Are you sure? Yes / No"

Mike

Mike - Great idea. I had the same thing happen to me. I selected Homelink just to see what it would do. I assumed it would give me a list of options and instead, it opened the door. I think the confirmation dialog is a great security blanket.

I haven't played with the update yet, as RemoteS lives on my wife's phone, as I use an Android phone. But another suggestion would be to add, in the next release, an option to disable this, and potentially other features that users may not want to inadvertently use. I don't have a pano roof, but I could see some people perhaps wanting to disable the ability to open the pano roof remotely, just to make sure they never do it accidentally. Some might want to disable the ability to honk the horn accidentally.

If a screen was added that allowed for disabling any number of options, if a disabled option was later selected, a screen could pop-up informing the user that the selected option has been disabled in RemoteS, and offering to enable it.

Just an idea!

Thanks for all the improvements everyone is talking about, Allen!

I haven't played with the update yet, as RemoteS lives on my wife's phone, as I use an Android phone. But another suggestion would be to add, in the next release, an option to disable this, and potentially other features that users may not want to inadvertently use. I don't have a pano roof, but I could see some people perhaps wanting to disable the ability to open the pano roof remotely, just to make sure they never do it accidentally. Some might want to disable the ability to honk the horn accidentally.

If a screen was added that allowed for disabling any number of options, if a disabled option was later selected, a screen could pop-up informing the user that the selected option has been disabled in RemoteS, and offering to enable it.

Just an idea!

When you get the app installed on your wife's phone, check out settings already there (get there via Remote S or just go to iOS Settings for the app itself) ... a number of option toggles already exist like confirmation of car/port, open roof, trip save/delete. I think when Allen is able to add support for multiple doors with Homelink, he can also address the need for confirmation to go along with it.

Allen, one suggestion for the next release as I've worked my way through changes I've found.

The new Homelink open is great, but in my case I have two garage doors defined in my MS. There does not appear to be an option within Remote S or its iOS Settings as to which door should be opened or closed. I press Homelink on the Remote S screen, and the same door opens and closes each time, but it's not the first one as defined to my MS (which I thought maybe would happen),,nor is it the last one my MS actually opened or closed itself. IIRC MS allows up to 3 doors to be defined with Homelink at any one time, so we really need a way to specify which one Remote S will control to make it useful. Thx for the consideration.
Does the official Tesla app give you options on which garage door to open? I don't have my car with me any longer, and I didn't have multiple HomeLink garages at where I was when I was testing this app update. So I actually don't know what the API commands are in the case of multiple HomeLink garages nearby. If someone knows and tells me, I'll add it to the app.

Yes, in the garage (so no gps)
Does the HomeLink button on the official app work for you?

Allen,

Nice update.

Mike
I'll add a confirmation dialog.

Allen, the rounding bug still exists in this version for the charging rate. i.e. goes from 3.4 to 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, back to 4.0, etc.

I'm fixing it now.

Allen,

Nice update.

Mike

I agree. Just needs an indication that Tesla's servers accepted the command. Obviously the state of the door is unknown.

Just an idea!

Adding a confirmation dialog as the default to HomeLink would solve accidentally opening the HomeLink. Pano roof already has a confirmation dialog if you enable it in the Settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.