Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, the new update is out and should fix the crash bug that a few of you were having. If you were one of those whose Remote S app frequently crashed on start-up, please let me know if my update fixed the issue for you.
Before updating, when opening the app, it would crash about 50% of the time and would take a long time to open about 25% of the time. Since I updated to 3.2, no crashes and it always opens quickly. Looks good to me!

Looks like I fixed the crashing bug for everyone since it's been a few days now and nobody seems to be complaining about crashing on start-up or in general anymore. Force touch is what I'll work on next. I'm only allowed 4 force touch buttons in the menu, so I have to really think about which 4 commands I plan on putting there.

Looks like I fixed the crashing bug for everyone since it's been a few days now and nobody seems to be complaining about crashing on start-up or in general anymore. Force touch is what I'll work on next. I'm only allowed 4 force touch buttons in the menu, so I have to really think about which 4 commands I plan on putting there.
Can the functions of the 4 force touch buttons possibly be selected in Settings? In my case, I don’t have an AP car and wouldn't be able to use Summon, so I may want something else for one of those 4 force touch buttons.

Can't wait! As long as start climate is there, I'll be happy.

For force-touch buttons:

(1) Can the "Max Heat or Max Cool" be dynamic? Check the interior temp (periodically in the background). If interior temp =< 73F then "Max Heat". If interior temp > 73F then "Max Cool." The option can be "Max Climate." (And, to clarify, it doesn't have to check at the instant it's touched. It goes by the last background query.)

(2) "Lock/Unlock"

(3) "Start Climate"

(4) ??

For force-touch buttons:

(1) Can the "Max Heat or Max Cool" be dynamic? Check the interior temp (periodically in the background). If interior temp =< 73F then "Max Heat". If interior temp > 73F then "Max Cool." The option can be "Max Climate." (And, to clarify, it doesn't have to check at the instant it's touched. It goes by the last background query.)

(2) "Lock/Unlock"

(3) "Start Climate"

(4) ??

To each his own, but I'd rather know for sure if I was heating or cooling the car, rather than simply starting climate control and letting the car decide based on the interior temp. What if it's a chilly day and you're driving for a bit with the heater on, and then you need to make a 5 min pit stop? The interior temp might still be warm when you're ready to get back in, and a "start climate" button would then proceed to cool the car down rather than keep things toasty.

To each his own, but I'd rather know for sure if I was heating or cooling the car, rather than simply starting climate control and letting the car decide based on the interior temp. What if it's a chilly day and you're driving for a bit with the heater on, and then you need to make a 5 min pit stop? The interior temp might still be warm when you're ready to get back in, and a "start climate" button would then proceed to cool the car down rather than keep things toasty.

The text can still read (dynamically) "Max Cool" or "Max Heat" so you know what you're getting into. Thats why I also proposed just the regular "Start Climate." For a force touch, the odds of someone needing MAX cool or MAX heat within same window are less likely than accidentally hitting Max Cool when it's right next to Max Heat. A five minute pit stop on a chilly day where the interior is still warm doesn't sound like a "Max Heat/Cool" situation. Just select "Climate Start" to go to your set level, no?

From a usability standpoint, I was proposing a way to eliminate 1 of 4 selections that won't be used by the vast majority of users for entire seasons at a time. Having "Max Heat" as a force touch option in July will be almost completely unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.