Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Y from Hertz?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had pretty good experiences with them. I've rented four times, each time the car was 99% or 100% and I was told to return it above 70%. If you pay $35 or something I think you can return it anywhere above 20%.

Each time I've had the mobile connector in the trunk so I could charge at home if I want (I also own a Tesla so I already had my mobile cord at home) but I've usually just used superchargers. I've been billed accurately for the superchargers... or at least as close as I cared to worry about... $20 here and like $30 there... probably about how much I charged. If you really care just snap a picture of the screen right after you unplug so it shows "last charge cost" or whatever.

Reactions: cdub
Sound like I made the right decision to rent a Tesla on Turo (although it's a bit more expensive)
I'm shocked how "cheap" they are on Hertz... I think after tax and everything it's like $70/day for the rentals I've made.... I mean it certainly adds up over a week or month, but it's been about the same price as I would expect for like a full size premium vehicle (not Merc or BMW).

So far so good with my rental. Had and 70% charge when I picked it up. I prepaid the charge level for dropoff. Makes sense with EVs.

Good thing I checked for the j1772 charging adapter before driving off because it wasn't with the car. They got me one though.

Reactions: mark02115
Just booked an Y at Hertz. Absolutely a screaming deal at $600 for the week. Cheaper than their equivalent ICE vehicles. Gas savings on top of that. Unless they rip me off on the supercharging and road tolls :eek: like they did with some of you guys. I'll report back in case anybody is interested.
1686020343282.png

I am wondering why it says 303 mile range. I booked the long range, which has 330 standard and 318 with black rims. 303 is Performance. Do you think that's what they'll give me?

Reactions: jsight and cdub
Just booked an Y at Hertz. Absolutely a screaming deal at $600 for the week. Cheaper than their equivalent ICE vehicles. Gas savings on top of that. Unless they rip me off on the supercharging and road tolls :eek: like they did with some of you guys. I'll report back in case anybody is interested.
View attachment 944335
I am wondering why it says 303 mile range. I booked the long range, which has 330 standard and 318 with black rims. 303 is Performance. Do you think that's what they'll give me?
Out of three Model Y’s non of them have been performance… I think they did all have Induction wheels though… in horrendous condition.

• Informative
Reactions: mark02115 and Olle
View attachment 944335
The Y I'm renting is.... Not a good deal. But that's mainly because I waited too long. It was cheaper and with better price parity to a gas car but then the price went way up and it's more expensive.

I think mine was almost $1500 for 12 days. 😱 A lot of money over the regular generic full size I usually get but I justified the extra expense over a regular rental to me as it will be a long term test drive over a long distance so I'll really be able to see if it's the car for me.

Also, after driving electric for 12 years... I'm ECSTATIC to not have to drive ICE when flying somewhere finally.

View attachment 944335
They give weird range numbers in general. I don't think I've ever seen a report of them actually renting out a P model.

Reactions: Olle

We won't have that until the people working at Hertz are the electric generation.

Hertz hasn't even updated their computer system to not reference fuel level and stuff when renting Tesla.

I still look at it very much as an EV owner thing. You might not own a Tesla, but you own an EV so you rent an EV.

If you're a gas renter... you probably don't want to deal with renting an EV, especially on a trip in a city you're not familiar with, etc.

Could be great to test an EV though. Take a buddy that owns an EV with you to rent one, the buddy shows you how to use it for a couple hours and then you drive it around for the week or weekend etc and then return it and decide if you want to buy an EV or not.