Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who are not familiar with an Ariel Atom ...:cool:

upload_2017-3-18_20-20-0.png

Reactions: e-FTW
@Btr_ftw or anyone else with the answer. What part or mechanism makes the car sense your hands are on the wheel?
When autopilot is off, the power steering uses a torque sensor in the steering mechanism to determine how hard you're pulling the steering wheel one way or the other so it can add some percentage of that torque to the total steering force with an electrically driven actuator.

When autopilot is on, the same actuator is controlled by the autopilot. If you aren't touching the steering wheel, the torque sensor should read roughly zero (discounting transients caused by the inertia of the steering wheel when the actuator adjusts the steering angle). If you put your hand on the wheel it creates additional torque every time the actuator adjusts steering angle even when you aren't actively steering.

hey guys, you asked for videos of me taking things apart it so here it is! Hope you enjoy, Don't forget to like share and subscribe.

thanks as always to my editor Carl, if you would like to donate to help me out then please donate to his paypal

Pay Carl Hewitt using PayPal.Me

Love it!
Good job on using a mic. Maybe AirPods (or pick your wireless headset of choice) would be neat to avoid cables being in your way.

Love it!
Good job on using a mic. Maybe AirPods (or pick your wireless headset of choice) would be neat to avoid cables being in your way.

air pods and such would need to connect to the recording equipment. really they may not be suitable for the job.

but audio quality and other aspects are stuff we are always looking at improving, it's early days so these things take time :)

Reactions: e-FTW