Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest video is UP

A peek under the hood of Dolores as she sits now. Also a good video for people who have never seen them in their naked glory. Remember, everything that you can see under the hood of this car has been replaced!

Don't forget to subscribe!
Very cool. Thank you for the tour. Not quite as simplistic as I had imagined or hoped. How does one know if one of the coolant valves quits working? Does the system self diagnose at all?

Very cool. Thank you for the tour. Not quite as simplistic as I had imagined or hoped. How does one know if one of the coolant valves quits working? Does the system self diagnose at all?

I'm pretty sure it does, as WK057 has mentioned that flow and temperature sensors in devices have to match with what the car is asking the pumps/cooling system to do or it gets very upset.

new video is up (^^above) its almost lunchtime on the east coast, take 15 minutes out of your day to watch my pathetic adventure. dont forget to subscribe, like, and comment

That car is seriously torn up. You said a P85D is what you always wanted, but I'm assuming you're not going to try to fix that car. Do you have another Dual Drive chassis that you're going to put the guts of that car into?

(As I'm sure you're aware, the front end structure of rear drive cars like you've been showing us so far is very different...)

That car is seriously torn up. You said a P85D is what you always wanted, but I'm assuming you're not going to try to fix that car. Do you have another Dual Drive chassis that you're going to put the guts of that car into?

(As I'm sure you're aware, the front end structure of rear drive cars like you've been showing us so far is very different...)

Yes that's the goal. I'm patiently waiting for a dual motor chassis to swap everything into.

If I'm waiting too long perhaps I can look into cutting off the front end off the new dual motor car and putting it on a single motor car. :)

Reactions: Saghost
Yes that's the goal. I'm patiently waiting for a dual motor chassis to swap everything into.

If I'm waiting too long perhaps I can look into cutting off the front end off the new dual motor car and putting it on a single motor car. :)

You know, if a suitable donor chassis doesn't come up, you could make one heck of a sports car by putting those P85D guts into a classic chassis (69 Camaro? 64 Mustang? mid 90s corvette? or whatever.)

Of course, you'd have to do some modification and fabrication on the battery pack arrangement.

Reactions: e-FTW
You know, if a suitable donor chassis doesn't come up, you could make one heck of a sports car by putting those P85D guts into a classic chassis (69 Camaro? 64 Mustang? mid 90s corvette? or whatever.)

Of course, you'd have to do some modification and fabrication on the battery pack arrangement.

Along those lines (convert a classic chassis), in case you wanted your own battery manager with tesla batteries:
Fast forward a year and that's no longer true: GitHub - collin80/TeslaBMS

It works with any number of modules from 1 to 62 with one master board.