Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE

high water line has been found!!

I have to assume that everything below this red line is toast! You are looking at the passenger side door speaker

5KlJ1LO.jpg

JlYTRZM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ok.... ok... didn't get as high as the MCU... Going to hook up a fresh battery again. I have to know I just GOTTA KNOW

I think it's cruel of you guys to keep egging this poor bastard on, when we all know he's completely screwed.

Pack's shot, inverter's shot (and is matched to the motor), wiring's shot, interior's shot, body panels are corroded. All of us know this except the OP.

The glass is Ok, except the deposition metals on it are corroded...

There is value in disassembly and analysis just to satisfy curiosity. I think that getting a working car out of this project would be a nice bonus, although I'd say it is unlikely given the damage and difficulty acquiring proprietary replacement parts.

A few of my friends like to disassemble old computers and other machines just to see how they were built, and this project is fundamentally no different.

Reactions: crikescrikes
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE 3G. I REPEAT WE HAVE 3G!!!!

MCU is working,
3G is working,
The previous owners name is Brian and he enjoys listening to the Beatles.
Gauge cluster shows 144 miles distance to empty

I quickly browsed the internet before shutting her down

Errors are as follows

“vehicle needs service”
“vehicle heater needs service”
“please contact tesla”
“12v battery low”
“vehicle may not charge”

I'm going with everything below that red line needs replacement, this is a small success but I will take what I can get!!

• Love
Reactions: Andyw2100

MCU is working,
3G is working,

I quickly browsed the internet before shutting her down

Errors are as follows

“vehicle needs service”
“vehicle heater needs service”
“please contact tesla”
“12v battery low”
“vehicle may not charge”

I'm going with everything below that red line needs replacement, this is a small success but I will take what I can get!!

Pics or it didnt happen :wink:

So cool to hear the MCU is working. Excited to see the progress. Wish you were closer and I would love to participate.

MCU is working,
3G is working,

Since the MCU is working, does that mean the 12V circuits and battery are ok?

144 miles in the HV pack - does this mean the main battery is still operating? Or is is left over data that hasn't been updated?

Excited to hear that the car is alive to some extent! Can't wait to hear the next set of updates.