Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tires for 19" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put pics with a tape measure showing how much clearance is available in my thread referenced above as well.
How did your consumption go over the summer? I saw you were at 266 for the spring.

I have the 1.75 inch MPP lift kit installed and I wonder how that affects my options. Will the knuckle still be the limiter, or will I have a little more room for taller/wider? I might have to experiment I know, but if there's anyone out there who knows for sure...I would really like a little taller sidewall. Of course, 29s will fit, but could I go further or will it likely rub in a turn?
The MPP lift won't make a difference for tire size.
The only may to completely deal with the top knuckle is a BIG spacer. I'm not sure exactly how much would be needed to completely clear the knuckle, but again, then you're talking body work to have any steering radius or bump travel.

Reactions: DrGriz
How did your consumption go over the summer? I saw you were at 266 for the spring.
For Summer 2022, my car reported 270, which needs to be corrected by 28/29 since the tire is larger (thus the odometer reads lower). This means my consumption was really 261 Wh/mi.

For Summer 2020 with fresh OEM tires, I got 244.

For Summer 2021, with half-worn OEM tires, I got 235.

Bottom line, compared to similarly fresh OEM tires, the new tires used 261/244, or 7% more power.

One variable I need to remove... I've neglected to lub my brake pads slides/pins since I got the car in 2020. They may be dragging a bit. I'll probably take care of that tomorrow.

Reactions: DrGriz
For Summer 2022, my car reported 270, which needs to be corrected by 28/29 since the tire is larger (thus the odometer reads lower). This means my consumption was really 261 Wh/mi.

For Summer 2020 with fresh OEM tires, I got 244.

For Summer 2021, with half-worn OEM tires, I got 235.

Bottom line, compared to similarly fresh OEM tires, the new tires used 261/244, or 7% more power.

One variable I need to remove... I've neglected to lub my brake pads slides/pins since I got the car in 2020. They may be dragging a bit. I'll probably take care of that tomorrow.
Thanks for the update

Replaced the OEM Continentals with a set of Continental 255/45 R19 Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus installed on Monday. Drove 1100 miles this week. Wh/mi has gone from 270 to 300-330 in the mornings. Temperature could be a reason for change because temperature is 20 degrees cooler in the mornings.Round trips of 225-230 miles is resulting in a wh/mi of 290-300. Before the same round trip was 255-270. Driving the same routes and doing the same speed.

Add on from the previous reply. Did a 172 mile round trip trip on Saturday. The temperature was 70 degrees, battery was charged to 80%, tires were set to 46 LBS. PSI., and climate control was on auto. I drove 70 the majority of time. When I arrived at my destination the battery was at 43% and the wh/mi 300's. On my return trip the batter started at 42% and a projected battery level at 10%.I started the trip at 65, but the projected battery ending value was 8%. I reduced my speed to 60. At the end of the return trip the battery was at 9%, temperature was in the upper 70's and wh/mi was at 290. In the past when I have driven 60 for the majority of the trip the wh/mi has been 250 or lower.

Replaced the OEM Continentals with a set of Continental 255/45 R19 Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus installed on Monday. Drove 1100 miles this week. Wh/mi has gone from 270 to 300-330 in the mornings. Temperature could be a reason for change because temperature is 20 degrees cooler in the mornings.Round trips of 225-230 miles is resulting in a wh/mi of 290-300. Before the same round trip was 255-270. Driving the same routes and doing the same speed.
It'll be better in 1000 miles. New tires burn a lot of energy.

Reactions: Pacernow
Duplicate post, yes, but there are several threads going re: replacement tires.

2021 MYLR, 19" Gemini, now at 34,000 miles.
OEM ContiProContacts, lasted 31k miles, lifetime 287Wh/mi.

Replaced with Mich PilotSport 4s, now have about 3k miles on them. Road trip, Fort Worth-Denver, 1700 miles R/T, 332 Wh/mi, traveling 75-80mph, minimal wind issues, 44PSI.

Once again, I proved to myself that RANGE JUST ISN"T AN ISSUE, as the Superchargers are perfectly placed for a power nap/toilet/food/leg stretch, every 120-150 miles. This is why I'll continue to travel at 75-80mph. Yes, the trip takes longer than traveling 450-500 miles in an ICE between fuel stops, but I always arrive at my destination much more refreshed.

I could increase efficiency by dropping to 65-70 mph, but in NW TX, NE NM??? Nope!

YMMV

Reactions: wtlloyd and DrGriz
Always believed that if you took your hands off of the steering wheel while traveling and the car did not stray off course the car was properly aligned. Bad assumption! Because the tires are new I took it to a shop this morning to have the alignment checked. Both the toe and camber were out of spec. Had a four wheel alignment performed. Had a different shop rotate the tires on a regular basis. Surprised that I was not notified about any uneven wear. Get you alignment checked.

Always believed that if you took your hands off of the steering wheel while traveling and the car did not stray off course the car was properly aligned. Bad assumption! Because the tires are new I took it to a shop this morning to have the alignment checked. Both the toe and camber were out of spec. Had a four wheel alignment performed. Had a different shop rotate the tires on a regular basis. Surprised that I was not notified about any uneven wear. Get you alignment checked.
Was there any uneven wear though? Most cars will show an out of spec alignment when put on a rack after being driven for a while. That doesn't mean the tires will automatically wear poorly. Just like a tire will show a slight imbalance even if it was balanced 500 miles ago. If you didn't notice anything wrong, and the tires weren't wearing unevenly, it was probably okay. It's definitely better after being aligned, but it probably wasn't critically bad before.