Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tires for 19" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LowlyOilBurner: Without mileage data on your tires, no one can benefit from your posts. Time stamps just don't help. Sorry. ;)
This is a valid point.

2022 Y 36,000miles, OEM Conti’s got about 27,000miles +/-, balance on winter wheels/tires.

As for the 2020 Y, 62,XXXmiles when traded in, I’d say about 20,000miles on each set of OEM Goodyears.

Day 3 and 178 miles later the DWS06+ shows an uptick in energy consumption (301 Wh/m) compared to OEM and P7 at similar distance, weather, and routes. Efficiency should improve as weather cools off from these 100+ degree days.

View attachment 966220

New Continental DWS06+ August 2023:
View attachment 966221
DWS06+ is showing some nice improvement in efficiency after 500 miles (290 Wh/m). Will report back again in a few weeks as I have some historical comparison data on the OEM/P7s at 1750 miles.

20230821_104824.jpg

Reactions: MattM24
OEM Michelin Pilot plus staggered on my MYP have 6k on 'em with now excessive wear and a smooth as ilk ride on smooth asphalt. A good friend mounted the exact same setup on her MYLR seven seater and she LOVES the ride. Not recommending the staggered set up, but the tire is top notch...
Check it out with some rim protectors installed

DWS06+ is showing some nice improvement in efficiency after 500 miles (290 Wh/m). Will report back again in a few weeks as I have some historical comparison data on the OEM/P7s at 1750 miles.

View attachment 967077
Three-week update with the DWS06+. Ride quality and handling continues to be superb, and it's a noticeably quieter tire than both OEM and Pirelli P7 AS+ 3.

We've been averaging close to 100 miles a day for three weeks and here are some efficiency comparisons:

@1750 miles:
OEM ProContacts = 262 Wh/m
Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3 = 299 Wh/m
DWS06+ = 280 Wh/m

@1999 miles, P7 AS Plus 3 = 302 Wh/m
@1962 miles, DWS06+ = 278 Wh/m

It seems the ultra-high performance DWS06+ is returning better efficiency than the grand touring Pirelli P7 after similar mileage and season/time of year (I've installed new tires in August of each year). The P7's worse efficiency can be attributed to a heatwave a year ago when temperatures hit 111 F and 118 F on 9/5/22 and 9/6/22, respectively, versus low 90s this year.

I will update again in a few thousand miles. So far I'm very impressed by the DWS06+ in every regard, including efficiency. I drove six hours today on a 250-mile roundtrip from Sacramento to Bodega Bay and efficiency hovered between 257-262 Wh/m @68-70 MPH with temps increasing from 73 to 93 F throughout the day. In my book that's pretty good for freeway efficiency.

So here is my report on the Vredestein QuatracPro tires I put on this summer. I currently have just under 4,400 miles on them, most of that highway miles. Overall, I'm satisfied with the ride, as they are definitely better than the OEM Conti ProContacts, and the handling has improved over when they were new - they felt a little squishy initially but are better now. But they are noisy - they have a low 'howl' when driving in lower speeds with no audio on, although it seems to have moderated a bit (they have no foam inside). Or I'm getting used to it.... They are excellent in the wet and in the mild off-roading I did in New Hampshire and Maine last week. My lifetime Wh/mi was 272 prior to putting them on; it is currently 274 now, with the new tires at 289 (this was over 300 when I first put them on). So they are a little less efficient than the OEM's. I always keep them between 40 - 42 PSI as recommended. In the pic below, Trip A is since I put them on. They were about $75 less per tire than the OEM's and had a 50k tread rating vs 45k for the Contis. So overall, I'd give them a 4 out of 5 stars, mainly because of the noise.

IMG_4288.jpg

So here is my report on the Vredestein QuatracPro tires I put on this summer. I currently have just under 4,400 miles on them, most of that highway miles. Overall, I'm satisfied with the ride, as they are definitely better than the OEM Conti ProContacts, and the handling has improved over when they were new - they felt a little squishy initially but are better now. But they are noisy - they have a low 'howl' when driving in lower speeds with no audio on, although it seems to have moderated a bit (they have no foam inside). Or I'm getting used to it.... They are excellent in the wet and in the mild off-roading I did in New Hampshire and Maine last week. My lifetime Wh/mi was 272 prior to putting them on; it is currently 274 now, with the new tires at 289 (this was over 300 when I first put them on). So they are a little less efficient than the OEM's. I always keep them between 40 - 42 PSI as recommended. In the pic below, Trip A is since I put them on. They were about $75 less per tire than the OEM's and had a 50k tread rating vs 45k for the Contis. So overall, I'd give them a 4 out of 5 stars, mainly because of the noise.

View attachment 971455
What size did you get? Factory or oversized?

Heading towards replacement of OEM 20” induction wheels and Michelins Sport on long range MY at about 29,000. Tread still marginal, but tired of looking at 4 wheels with curb rash. Any opinion on TSportline vs Martian 19” wheels, and Continental Extreme DWS06?

Related question: local SC seems will only install authentic Tesla wheels and OEM replacement tires? Is that the general experience? Is an independent installer needed for aftermarket replacement wheels/tires? Seems odd. Thanks

Related question: local SC seems will only install authentic Tesla wheels and OEM replacement tires? Is that the general experience? Is an independent installer needed for aftermarket replacement wheels/tires? Seems odd. Thanks
I think they will install any tires. Not sure about the wheels. But why would you go there anyway? It's almost guaranteed to be more expensive than an independent shop, and certainly no Tesla-specific knowledge is needed. Case in point - I had two screw holes patched earlier this year. One was while I was on the road and it cost $35 for a patch at a Munro. The second I had done by Tesla Roadside at my house and it was $125 for a patch! Both were internal patches.

Heading towards replacement of OEM 20” induction wheels and Michelins Sport on long range MY at about 29,000. Tread still marginal, but tired of looking at 4 wheels with curb rash. Any opinion on TSportline vs Martian 19” wheels, and Continental Extreme DWS06?
Martian are light but expensive
I'm not a fan of anything TSportline, which are cheap and heavy.

Reactions: Genedr
Three-week update with the DWS06+. Ride quality and handling continues to be superb, and it's a noticeably quieter tire than both OEM and Pirelli P7 AS+ 3.

We've been averaging close to 100 miles a day for three weeks and here are some efficiency comparisons:

@1750 miles:
OEM ProContacts = 262 Wh/m
Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3 = 299 Wh/m
DWS06+ = 280 Wh/m

@1999 miles, P7 AS Plus 3 = 302 Wh/m
@1962 miles, DWS06+ = 278 Wh/m

It seems the ultra-high performance DWS06+ is returning better efficiency than the grand touring Pirelli P7 after similar mileage and season/time of year (I've installed new tires in August of each year). The P7's worse efficiency can be attributed to a heatwave a year ago when temperatures hit 111 F and 118 F on 9/5/22 and 9/6/22, respectively, versus low 90s this year.

I will update again in a few thousand miles. So far I'm very impressed by the DWS06+ in every regard, including efficiency. I drove six hours today on a 250-mile roundtrip from Sacramento to Bodega Bay and efficiency hovered between 257-262 Wh/m @68-70 MPH with temps increasing from 73 to 93 F throughout the day. In my book that's pretty good for freeway efficiency.

I appreciate your review of these tires.

My only concern is the 50K mile warranty. This usually means I will get 25K miles out it before it needs replacement. Our farm to market roads aren't very smooth.

With a 560 treadwear rating it indicates to me a softer quieter ride which I would like.