Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Charging Cable Gen 3 HC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a picture of the home charger opened up w the faceplate uninstalled, revealing the internal wiring? Charging handle was ripped off after car slide down driveway. I found replacement cable (used) on eBay yet took forever to come in. Total my mistake was not snapping a picture of the wire placement before disconnecting original. Thank you in advance! Semper Fi!

Anyone have a picture of the home charger opened up w the faceplate uninstalled, revealing the internal wiring? Charging handle was ripped off after car slide down driveway. I found replacement cable (used) on eBay yet took forever to come in. Total my mistake was not snapping a picture of the wire placement before disconnecting original. Thank you in advance! Semper Fi!
The placement is trivial to describe. Looking at the face of the unit, with the top up, the left big wire is blue, middle is brown and right wire is green. The green should be obvious because it screws into a ground screw/spot. There's only one place for the other plug to go, and that's halfway up the right side. The only guide you have to worry about is in the lower right, and I think that's only the signaling cable.

If you really need a picture, I can get one.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Upvote 0
The placement is trivial to describe. Looking at the face of the unit, with the top up, the left big wire is blue, middle is brown and right wire is green. The green should be obvious because it screws into a ground screw/spot. There's only one place for the other plug to go, and that's halfway up the right side. The only guide you have to worry about is in the lower right, and I think that's only the signaling cable.

If you really need a picture, I can get one.
Thank you. That should suffice. I’m trying to explain to my father but your description is very helpful. Appreciate it very much, again. Your!

Upvote 0
Would you look at that... I already had a picture! Note that the green wire also goes under the guide in the lower right corner.

Upvote 0