Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rescheduled for the 3rd time...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine as well.. I am waiting for my rescheduled appointment.. No call or e-mail as promised.. I am out the $$ with
no car and no one talking to me.. The delivery team has sucked all the excitement out of the Tesla experience... I hope the issue is really just “logistical” and easily remedied..

I'm sure the issue is really just logistical, but that doesn't mean it's easily remedied.... logistics is hard :-(

I was able to get ahold of someone at the delivery center today. Car is awaiting a second inspection and they will not schedule a 2nd delivery date until it has passed that inspection. They said it could take a few days to a week for that inspection. God help me if it doesn't pass this inspection, I'm going to lose it.

Have you heard anything back yet?? Hoping it would only be a couple of days... I bumped my DS for an update this AM.

Yesterday my IDA told me that I would just get a new car since the initial p3d failed inspection. When I asked if I’m in the back of the line or something, he said no. when my car gets serviced, I definitely have priority. I am beginning to think the dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about...

Reactions: boriszima
Have you heard anything back yet?? Hoping it would only be a couple of days... I bumped my DS for an update this AM.

No word yet. Going to call delivery center and email my IDA in the morning. Hopefully I will at least get some info tomorrow. I am already thinking this car will fail inspections. If that is the case, something is seriously wrong to have multiple multiple vehicles fail inspections like this...

No word yet. Going to call delivery center and email my IDA in the morning. Hopefully I will at least get some info tomorrow. I am already thinking this car will fail inspections. If that is the case, something is seriously wrong to have multiple multiple vehicles fail inspections like this...

No word back for IDA yesterday so I need to push for an answer today.. I am a Blue RWD LR.. You too?? I was feeling better Tuesday after an explanation, but not Tesla not having any idea how long this process will take is starting to concern me yet again... I will let you know what I hear back...

Yep, blue aero rwd. I'm going to press them for answers today.

I was able to speak with my DS today.. Same story.. no info but claimed the car was in the receiving lot in Burbank.. As soon as they know it is on the way to MDR they will reschedule... I need a better answer so Monday I am going to escalate to a Manager.. Someone can tell me what is wrong with the car or move it up the queue as it was due a week ago.. If can handle the truth.. not this fuzzy waiting game.. My loan is already in play and if I need a new VIN I need to know so I can advise the bank..

Hope you had better success...

Geez, first time reading all these responses. And thought I was the only frustrated one! My delivery date got cancelled 2 times.

First time Tesla change my VIN which was upsetting because I had already set up my loan under that VIN. Had to close that loan and open another loan. (Don’t know about others but that was difficult/stressful to begin with because Tesla really lags on getting he buyer their final agreement docs, if you even get them before delievery.)

Like many stated above, I was suppose to take delivery last Saturday (8/11). I was notified by Tesla ~7 pm that Friday night that I had to reschedule without any real explanation. Had trouble getting hold of someone that night to get a reason. Just said not to worry, that it was still in route from Fremont, and that I will hear back from my DS to reschedule soon. More than anything I was upset why they had told me so late! You would think they would know something is up earlier that week, at least not the night before!

On my Tesla account, the VIN that was there had disappeared.
Talked with another DS this week whether my VIN was changing? They said it was not and didn’t know why it disappeared on the account. This is a big issue though for buyers who have a loan made out for that car!

My question is, is this an excuse that something was/is wrong with your particular vehicle? And a way to stall to fix whatever that was? Guessing you would never know. Would you guys take the vehicle if this happens?

Frustrating

I was able to speak with my DS today.. Same story.. no info but claimed the car was in the receiving lot in Burbank.. As soon as they know it is on the way to MDR they will reschedule... I need a better answer so Monday I am going to escalate to a Manager.. Someone can tell me what is wrong with the car or move it up the queue as it was due a week ago.. If can handle the truth.. not this fuzzy waiting game.. My loan is already in play and if I need a new VIN I need to know so I can advise the bank..

Hope you had better success...

Called and got the same response as you. Holding lot in Burbank. Car needs to go through more inspections. No time on when it may be ready. He took down my phone number and said he would email Burbank for a status update and would call me when he knows more. Doubt that but oh well. Hopefully wait isn't too long. This is getting extremely frustrating.

Called and got the same response as you. Holding lot in Burbank. Car needs to go through more inspections. No time on when it may be ready. He took down my phone number and said he would email Burbank for a status update and would call me when he knows more. Doubt that but oh well. Hopefully wait isn't too long. This is getting extremely frustrating.

The Tesla delivery team have certainly sucked the excitement out of buying this car...

I had an Aug. 8 delivery for my Model 3 (black, RWD, aero), got a call at 6pm the night before cancelling delivery, due to issues found in the last batch of cars. So that was 10 day ago. My ISA initially said I'll get a new car (Aug. built) with a new VIN; but then it changed to I cannot give you a new VIN and delivery date, I don't have any updates, and I don't know when I'll have an update either.

His last email: "Hello John, We have not received any updates as of yet. I am having a meeting with Marina Del Rey to discuss these issues.", makes no sense, if a meeting needed to take place, why has it not happened already? This is turning out to be the worst car buying experience I ever had. If a delivery gets cancelled at the last second, due to QC issues, you'd think they would do anything to make this right for the customer ASAP.

I live near Santa Monica airport, so about 20 minutes from the Marina Del Rey delivery center. I'm planning to go down there today or tomorrow around 1-2pm and see if I can talk to a delivery manager fact to face. It's probably harder to ignore a customer in person.

If someone would like to join me, I think strength in numbers would benefit us, feel free to contact me.

I think this is a great case study for Tesla on how NOT to treat customers. Depending on today/tomorrow at the MDR delivery center goes, I'd want to escalate this higher, but no idea who else I could contact? Any suggestions?

I had an Aug. 8 delivery for my Model 3 (black, RWD, aero), got a call at 6pm the night before cancelling delivery, due to issues found in the last batch of cars. So that was 10 day ago. My ISA initially said I'll get a new car (Aug. built) with a new VIN; but then it changed to I cannot give you a new VIN and delivery date, I don't have any updates, and I don't know when I'll have an update either.

His last email: "Hello John, We have not received any updates as of yet. I am having a meeting with Marina Del Rey to discuss these issues.", makes no sense, if a meeting needed to take place, why has it not happened already? This is turning out to be the worst car buying experience I ever had. If a delivery gets cancelled at the last second, due to QC issues, you'd think they would do anything to make this right for the customer ASAP.

I live near Santa Monica airport, so about 20 minutes from the Marina Del Rey delivery center. I'm planning to go down there today or tomorrow around 1-2pm and see if I can talk to a delivery manager fact to face. It's probably harder to ignore a customer in person.

If someone would like to join me, I think strength in numbers would benefit us, feel free to contact me.

I think this is a great case study for Tesla on how NOT to treat customers. Depending on today/tomorrow at the MDR delivery center goes, I'd want to escalate this higher, but no idea who else I could contact? Any suggestions?

Please let us know how this goes. I really want to know what the delay is. Doesn't matter if tesla builds 100k cars a week if they can't deliver due to quality control issues.

I agree with you go there in person and talk to the manager to see if they can give you more info. Just keep in mind its unlikely that anybody who actually works there did anything wrong. I picked up my car from there after delay and everybody were very courteous. You can call them, (310) 526-8539 (from google search) but might be longer hold time than you 20 minute drive there (one way). good luck

I cannot make it Sunday but am planning to go there Monday if my DS cannot give me a firm date or tell me I need a new VIN.. I can handle the truth, not the Customer Service shuffle... Someone at Tesla can call and find out a timeline from Burbank or tell me the problem with the vehicle...It has been a week..It cannot take that long to inspect one car and as I have already had a delivery canceled and they have the $$ they should move me at the front of the line.. They are delivering cars daily that were behind me in line.. Not right...

Please let us know how it goes if you go up there.. Thanx..

I cannot make it Sunday but am planning to go there Monday if my DS cannot give me a firm date or tell me I need a new VIN.. I can handle the truth, not the Customer Service shuffle... Someone at Tesla can call and find out a timeline from Burbank or tell me the problem with the vehicle...It has been a week..It cannot take that long to inspect one car and as I have already had a delivery canceled and they have the $$ they should move me at the front of the line.. They are delivering cars daily that were behind me in line.. Not right...

Please let us know how it goes if you go up there.. Thanx..

I absolutely agree. Please let them know they need to get their act together. Whatever they're doing is not up to the quality we expect. Been two weeks since I was supposed to take delivery, and a week since my last canceled delivery date with no new date set and no idea when that may be.