TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reservation made today 6/30/18 ready to configure, same delivery estimate as my day 1 reservation.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Thomas Edison, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

I decided to add another reservation to configure for a family member a base model when it's available. Reservation placed at 10am and by 3pm it was ready to configure. Specked the same as my day one it shows the same delivery window.

• Informative x 5
  2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Guess that means everyone (at least North America) is free to order!

• Like x 1
  4. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Have LHD not-North-America locations had their ETAs improve?

RHD Australia still reassuringly says "2019" on my delivery estimator...

5. Thomas Edison

I think this is all about the US tax credit expiration date. 5,000 a week and improving for 6 months with all the higher margin cars.

• Helpful x 1
  6. vzaitsev

vzaitsev Member

I have completed my order on june 30 th. I have reserved on april 1st 2016 and my delivery date has been pushed to last quarter. I wish i have customized a couple of days ago and now i am worried if i would be able to get full tax credit
    Delivery between Oct. '18 - Dec. '18

7. Thomas Edison

So it's based on order date and preorder date is irrelevant?

8. Koflach

Koflach Member

I was told by my local dealership that preorder date still has some relevancy in terms of your delivery date vs the other people in your area who have also ordered.

9. intjester

intjester Member

Yes. Reservation queue only affects when you’re initially invited to configure. After you have an invite, it’s on you to decide whether to place the order or wait for another configuration to be made available. People getting their $2500 down before you are generally going to be in front of you (assuming it’s the same config), but there’s some variability due to the way they batch produce colors. More profitable configs for Tesla will generally get priority.

10. vzaitsev

vzaitsev Member

To be honest i think its unfair. TESLA should atleast consider a week range ( last week of June) and give priority for Pre-Order dates. I have been traveling for work and i have ordered a few days later I got the invite and my delivery est has been pushed to 90 days later ( oct'18-Dec 18) and downside of it that I miss full tax credit :(
    Well, i can't do much other than waiting for my delivery:)

11. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

Full tax credit will go to Dec 31 2018. So long as you get it in Oct-Dec 18 you aren't missing any tax credit.

• Disagree x 1
  12. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

It completely fair now. But now there are multiple config available, each with their own delivery dates, so now it depends on when you order and what you order.
    Exactly the same as when S $ X released.

13. intjester

intjester Member

It will be less fair if they sell you a cheaper car earlier and go belly-up in the process. As great as the model 3 is, and it IS GREAT, the company is in a dire financial situation at the moment. He/she who contributes most will be served first. You will get the full credit until 12/31.

14. vzaitsev

vzaitsev Member

thats great ! I read some where that TESLA would pass 200K by end of june and so i was worried. I will wait and take my delivery between OCt -Dec 18 and hoping it doesnt get delayed to 2019

15. drawfour

drawfour Member

It hasn't been confirmed yet - I think we're waiting for the official numbers coming up this week. But most of us think that it's highly likely that they are putting off #200,000 delivery until July, which means full tax rebate through Dec 31.

16. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I betting that they deliver #200,000 this week....

So, expect the $7500 tax credit to last until Dec 31.

$3750 should last until June 30, 2019.

$1875 should last until Dec 31, 2019

• Like x 1
  17. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Sorry if it’s been explained, but if they deliver 200k this month, how do deliveries as late as dec still qualify for the full $7500? Great news for us waiting till sept (est).

18. Chris350

Chris350 Member

July 1st 18 - Dec 31 18 - $7500 Tax Credit

Jan 1st 19 - June 30th 19 - $3750 Tax Credit

July 1st 19 - Dec 31st 19 - $1875 Tax Credit

19. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Law is whatever quarter the 200,000th delivery is plus one additional quarter gets $7500. After that, the next two quarters get half the full credit ($3750). Then the next two quarters after that get $1875.

20. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Thanks Chris! Great news.