Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation made today 6/30/18 ready to configure, same delivery estimate as my day 1 reservation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have completed my order on june 30 th. I have reserved on april 1st 2016 and my delivery date has been pushed to last quarter. I wish i have customized a couple of days ago and now i am worried if i would be able to get full tax credit
Delivery between Oct. '18 - Dec. '18

So it's based on order date and preorder date is irrelevant?

Yes. Reservation queue only affects when you’re initially invited to configure. After you have an invite, it’s on you to decide whether to place the order or wait for another configuration to be made available. People getting their $2500 down before you are generally going to be in front of you (assuming it’s the same config), but there’s some variability due to the way they batch produce colors. More profitable configs for Tesla will generally get priority.

Yes. Reservation queue only affects when you’re initially invited to configure. After you have an invite, it’s on you to decide whether to place the order or wait for another configuration to be made available. People getting their $2500 down before you are generally going to be in front of you (assuming it’s the same config), but there’s some variability due to the way they batch produce colors. More profitable configs for Tesla will generally get priority.

To be honest i think its unfair. TESLA should atleast consider a week range ( last week of June) and give priority for Pre-Order dates. I have been traveling for work and i have ordered a few days later I got the invite and my delivery est has been pushed to 90 days later ( oct'18-Dec 18) and downside of it that I miss full tax credit :(
Well, i can't do much other than waiting for my delivery:)

To be honest i think its unfair. TESLA should atleast consider a week range ( last week of June) and give priority for Pre-Order dates. I have been traveling for work and i have ordered a few days later I got the invite and my delivery est has been pushed to 90 days later ( oct'18-Dec 18) and downside of it that I miss full tax credit :(

Full tax credit will go to Dec 31 2018. So long as you get it in Oct-Dec 18 you aren't missing any tax credit.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy

It will be less fair if they sell you a cheaper car earlier and go belly-up in the process. As great as the model 3 is, and it IS GREAT, the company is in a dire financial situation at the moment. He/she who contributes most will be served first. You will get the full credit until 12/31.

thats great ! I read some where that TESLA would pass 200K by end of june and so i was worried. I will wait and take my delivery between OCt -Dec 18 and hoping it doesnt get delayed to 2019

It hasn't been confirmed yet - I think we're waiting for the official numbers coming up this week. But most of us think that it's highly likely that they are putting off #200,000 delivery until July, which means full tax rebate through Dec 31.

Sorry if it’s been explained, but if they deliver 200k this month, how do deliveries as late as dec still qualify for the full $7500? Great news for us waiting till sept (est).

Law is whatever quarter the 200,000th delivery is plus one additional quarter gets $7500. After that, the next two quarters get half the full credit ($3750). Then the next two quarters after that get $1875.