Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation - thanks, but no email...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all from Downunder,

First post...Went online, entered all details including credit card for $1500 Aud (i know, its more than in NA)

I saw a thanks for your reservation message briefly, then waited.. no email, so today, I checked my credit card a/c

no money taken either.

Tried to phone, but Australia will not have anyone to return a call for a few days.

Should I start all over?

Also, the reservation number appears in your my tesla account right after login. I didn't know I had an account, so I reset the password, logged in, and there it was. Others have reported the reservation number appearing before receiving the email.

I registered in store at 10:50 AM PDT (Portland, Oregon, USA) and received my confirmation email at 3:06 PM today (28 hours 16 minutes later). I'd give it a day.
Thanks, I gave it almost a day, but you are right, i think a couple of days is fine.
I just noticed, as I went back in to the reservation page, that it says "You will be sent a confirmation email within 48 hours"

I have noticed that others may be experiencing a little anxiety over no email. It is normal that if you put down $1500 online that you normally would expect a receipt within minutes, but processing for this event seems to be a drawn out process.

I wonder how many others have thought they should try again ,as they did not receive an immediate email.. I have read of one other.

Thanks dvhart, for your comment.

Also, the reservation number appears in your my tesla account right after login. I didn't know I had an account, so I reset the password, logged in, and there it was. Others have reported the reservation number appearing before receiving the email.
oh, ok .. I now have a MyTesla account, so progress.. no email or Registration number, so i am off for a bike ride, will check later today or tomorrow.. wait is the operative word. thanks again.

Don't stress about it Bluebay. I've from Australia also and placed my reservation at 1.36pm Friday (6 minutes after they opened). It's now 21 hours later and no email, although my RN has now shown up in MyTesla (that wasn't there last night so took 12+ hours to occur).

My credit card (Virgin Money) shows transactions immediately - so I was able to check - but I'm not sure if all CCs do this.

There is a long thread on this here: Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

Note that the Reservation Number is just confirmation that you have a reservation, and appears not to have any meaning regarding your position in line. That appears to come from a second number called a Reservation Sequence Number, which Tesla stopped issuing to new reservation sometime before the Model 3 reservations started. I have not seen anyone report receiving their RSN yet.

Also, your RN seems to be a private number which apparently we should not share publicly. If you post it, be sure to replace the last 4 or 5 digits with X.

There is a long thread on this here: Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

Note that the Reservation Number is just confirmation that you have a reservation, and appears not to have any meaning regarding your position in line. That appears to come from a second number called a Reservation Sequence Number, which Tesla stopped issuing to new reservation sometime before the Model 3 reservations started. I have not seen anyone report receiving their RSN yet.

That clears it up a bit more, appreciate you taking the time.

I guess sorting out the sequence for delivery sequence, is going to take quite some time, given the volume of reservations.

Don't stress about it Bluebay. I've from Australia also and placed my reservation at 1.36pm Friday (6 minutes after they opened). It's now 21 hours later and no email, although my RN has now shown up in MyTesla (that wasn't there last night so took 12+ hours to occur).

My credit card (Virgin Money) shows transactions immediately - so I was able to check - but I'm not sure if all CCs do this.
Hi Chuq ,

I actually did a reserve yesterday, Friday , and there was no charge on my credit card this morning.
So I did another reservation today, and within 20 minutes I had a My Tesla account, and my credit card shows $1500 less available, so the credit card charge is probably now pending.

I think there was a "glitch" with the first reservation , even though it gave the "Thanks" message. If by some chance I end up with 2, I will just cancel the 2nd one. thanks for your input, enjoy the wait.. I have a Volt at the moment, so am ok to wait the 3 years..

Reactions: Chuq
Hi Chuq ,

I actually did a reserve yesterday, Friday , and there was no charge on my credit card this morning.
So I did another reservation today, and within 20 minutes I had a My Tesla account, and my credit card shows $1500 less available, so the credit card charge is probably now pending.

I think there was a "glitch" with the first reservation , even though it gave the "Thanks" message. If by some chance I end up with 2, I will just cancel the 2nd one. thanks for your input, enjoy the wait.. I have a Volt at the moment, so am ok to wait the 3 years..
So the first reservation , done on April 1, although it said " Thanks", did not "stick".
The 2nd reservation, also said "Thanks", but it did stick, and now I have both the email, and the reservation shows in "My Tesla"

So the 2nd one , from Original Computer entered reservation to actual email / my tesla confirmation took around 12 hours. Happy the second one stayed in the system. Also happy to wait, like all the other patient registrants... :)