Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservations for 2nd production run of camera switch kit now being taken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll volunteer to test one. I have a 2015 AP1 85D. I already have the camera and special wires. Think I’m pretty near Artsci too.

It's of course up to @artsci, but unless your car has a facelifted nosecone**, your car is a known install configuration, as I installed the camera kit on my AP1 P85D, which should be nearly identical to your P85. (see: Reservations for 2nd production run of camera switch kit now being taken)

** As far as I can tell, there were no 85kWh battery+facelift cars in 2015 (facelift started in 2016).

It's of course up to @artsci, but unless your car has a facelifted nosecone**, your car is a known install configuration, as I installed the camera kit on my AP1 P85D, which should be nearly identical to your P85. (see: Reservations for 2nd production run of camera switch kit now being taken)

** As far as I can tell, there were no 85kWh battery+facelift cars in 2015 (facelift started in 2016).

Hank is right. The concern is installation on a facelift car. We need a volunteer with a facelift car.

Thanks for the confirmation that the board is compatible with the newer higher resolution camera. I asked the question because I remember seeing some discussion about having to switch back to the older lower resolution camera for the front in this thread (see post 194):
Tesla says it can't be done: But it can: new higher resolution rear camera
I guess I just read the post out of context...

I have a 2017 Model S and will be happy to be a guinea pig if you don't already have another volunteer. I didn't pay for the upgraded autopilot features to be turned on, but obviously the AP2+ hardware is there.

Looking forward to installing this. The most nerve wracking aspect of driving this car (which costs 2x any other car I've ever bought before) is slowly pulling into parking spots worrying about scraping the front bumper on curbs!

Just got the quotes. The cost will be about $200 for a production run of 50 units. But first two test units have to be produced for me to test on my car, which is already set up for this. Basically the test will be plug and play — I just unplug my old unit, which is working fine, and plug in the test unit. The test is necessary to determine whether the new parts on the PCB function properly.

If and when the tests prove successful (likely 3-4 weeks) we’ll begin production of 50 units and take deposits (50% with an order, 50% when shipped). We will also need a volunteer to try installation on a Model S with autopilot (that so we can provide specific installation instructions for AP cars). I’ll provide the volunteer with a free PCB and remote, theirs to keep.
I would like to volunteer if you have a need for an autopilot 2.5 compatible system. I recently pulled apart my dash, mcu, and ap2.5 gpu {mmm px2 new version but I didn't open her up} last weekend and back together with no problems :) and have no problems beta testing anything for us