Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserved a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this work?
I pay a deposit (?6k), and I get to buy one of the earlier cars available?
Is there an option for not buying the car, and have the deposit refunded, if I am not happy with how the car turns out, or with its price?

Yes and yes. You deposit for a place in the queue. The deposit is fully refundable until you go ahead and buy (or not).

How does this work?
I pay a deposit (?6k), and I get to buy one of the earlier cars available?
Is there an option for not buying the car, and have the deposit refunded, if I am not happy with how the car turns out, or with its price?

Just to clarify Brissienew - you can get your deposit back if you are not happy with final price/delivery timeframe/options etc.

But once you've hit CONFIRM on the internet, that's it, you can't get your deposit back.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to go for test drives before you need to confirm.

Just to clarify Brissienew - you can get your deposit back if you are not happy with final price/delivery timeframe/options etc.

But once you've hit CONFIRM on the internet, that's it, you can't get your deposit back.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to go for test drives before you need to confirm.
I would hope we don't need to confirm prior to the confirmation of pricing?

Last edited:
Well apparently Model X is now being designed with women in mind...

You realise of course that women treat their cars as an extension of their handbag...

That means door junk holders, centre console junk holders, ceiling junk holders, and a few extra storage places as well...

Stat.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a little off topic but why are people congratulating others for reserving a car? It is not a very hard thing to do. It is also not an extraordinary accomplishment? It is just a reservation and punching in you credit card information on a website... So why congratulating?

Maybe a little off topic but why are people congratulating others for reserving a car? It is not a very hard thing to do. It is also not an extraordinary accomplishment? It is just a reservation and punching in you credit card information on a website... So why congratulating?

The action is small, but the decision is huge. These cars are like no other on the market and with the compromise in where you are currently able to drive on a whim, you are the start of an industry revolution. So yeah, congratulations to those that have ordered, I think it's a big deal!