Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restoring Supercharging on Salvage Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how does Tesla prevent non-Tesla salvage EV from charging? It's a fire hazard according to Tesla to let salvaged cars to charge right?
we'll find out when they roll it out but they might not care or just run VIN ck reports on ALL cars n refuse Salvage ones.
my guess is CCS capable SCs will have enough brains in there to do VIN checks, not sure about CCS protocol n what its capable of...
Tesla never said WHY they don't let salvaged cars SC...

When they disabled supercharging on mine, I was told that recertification at a service center does not give you supercharging capability. This was by the Tesla rep. Have also read many people on this forum who've said that as well. I do not believe Tesla will give super charging back at all.
I used an easy temporary free fix (works for a week) to get SC charging back. I did it for a month and a half with no issues until I got my Tesla Wall Charger installed. Now only use the temporary fix if going on long trips. You can PM me or search for my post in salvage user group.

the only way that I know of to get supercharging and tesla to recognize the vehicle is for a tesla service center to inspect and certify that the repairs are within spec.
I think the fact that the car was deemed salvage adds to the complications that you face.
I have a salvage as well (an s as well as an x) - both have had the fast DC supercharge capacity disabled. I called and spoke with the managers of 2 different service centers. They offer a battery/charging system inspection service (about 500$), but admit that regardless of the inspection results, and whether or not anything needed to be done to get the charging system back to spec they absolutely would not re-activate fast DC charging capacity. Period. A waste of 500$. Some 3s and model y can get re-enabled…

I used an easy temporary free fix (works for a week) to get SC charging back. I did it for a month and a half with no issues until I got my Tesla Wall Charger installed. Now only use the temporary fix if going on long trips. You can PM me or search for my post in salvage user group.
I would love to know how to access the free fix you mention…. I have a couple of salvage teslas, and do fine just with my wall charger, but would love to use the temp fix if-when I decide to take a longer drive….I’d be happy to reimburse for the info…. I don’t know how to PM. here as yet…