Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if Redbridge Park and Ride Oxford should be included on this list. Signage says registration is required but those who haven't done that appear not to have received penalty charges so far (it's supposed to be a free hour anyway). Multiple methods of registering including Hozah, RingGo and at machines beside the bus stop.
I've just added, they appear to be enforcing this based on what a staff member told me when visiting a couple of weeks ago.

Further to my post above (#114) re: Celtic Manor SuC -
The Nav only gets you to the entrance, you then have to follow the road up and left from the mini roundabout onsite, taking the next left turn up a v steep slope (would not want to do this in icy conditions) to the chargers - basically heading toward the pin which is in the right location.
The chargers are not signposted or visible from the entrance, and are in the "open air car park" (which is signposted).
I have yet to visit a Supercharger that is well signposted. The stalls seem to be hidden away like guilty secrets.

Reactions: Buckminster
Heathrow T2/T3 Superchargers in the Renaissance Hotel car park require you to take a ticket on the way in and get it validated before leaving. You get an hour free. Forgot to ask if Tesla drivers get a discount at the hotel bar for coffee etc, but will enquire on my next visit.

It’s a million times easier to get to than the T5 ones on the other side of the motorway. At the moment there are about 10 V3 chargers but it may also be getting Gridserve judging by the number of blanked off charging posts.

Flimwell is now charging Tesla owners to park:

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.09.04.png

I'm going to continue to challenge it, and will update this thread if there's any change.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonny Ringo
Flimwell is now charging Tesla owners to park:

Cross posting from another thread what looks like a viable solution:

Apropos of nothing I’m at Flimwell now and googled the parking situation because of the complete ambiguity in the sign. Little did I know there would be a TMC thread from this week on it.

In any event I wanted a coffee, so I popped into the cafe and the iPad to record your registration is at the front desk and no one seemed to bat an eyelid at me using it.

Hilton T5 are now very hot on the maximum 30 minutes. I went over by three minutes because of the queue at reception and they refused to validate it, instead suggesting that I went and bought a coffee upstairs and came back with the receipt. Fortunately common sense prevailed when I appealed to his manager.

It’s a mad attitude to take when Tesla owners have both the disposable income to book somewhere like the Hilton for personal use when travelling, and get to see how convenient it is for T5 at the same time. My recommendation is to use the new ones on the Bath Rd and let the Hilton stew in its own self-importance.
I use the T5 SuC pretty much every week and I get my ticket validated about 28/29 mins after I arrive (so as not to incuur their wrath!) and then you've got 15mins to exit the carpark so I unplug with 3 mins to go.
Get's me from 25% to 90+% unless one of the chargers is a bit dodgy (the 1st V3 one has been pants recently)...

Heathrow T2/T3 Superchargers in the Renaissance Hotel car park require you to take a ticket on the way in and get it validated before leaving. You get an hour free. Forgot to ask if Tesla drivers get a discount at the hotel bar for coffee etc, but will enquire on my next visit.

It’s a million times easier to get to than the T5 ones on the other side of the motorway. At the moment there are about 10 V3 chargers but it may also be getting Gridserve judging by the number of blanked off charging posts.
Not used these - do they get busy?
Last time I looked they weren't connected to the internet so you couldn't see how many were occupied?

Not used these - do they get busy?
Last time I looked they weren't connected to the internet so you couldn't see how many were occupied?
There's a steady turnover but I've never seen more than about 2/3 occupied.

Will pop into the hotel next week to try to see if I can convince the management to offer a discount at their coffee shop. There can be long queues at the reception desk which can make validating the parking pass a hassle, but given the number of dodgy private hire vehicles around Heathrow there's no way they'd offer an automatic system.

Visited the new Carmarthen SUC yesterday. Great set up however parking fees are £2.50 minimum paid on exit. A bit disappointing is the pay machines are the very far side of the car park from the superchargers. However a very much needed location for holidaymakers heading out to West Wales.

I use the T5 SuC pretty much every week and I get my ticket validated about 28/29 mins after I arrive (so as not to incuur their wrath!) and then you've got 15mins to exit the carpark so I unplug with 3 mins to go.
Get's me from 25% to 90+% unless one of the chargers is a bit dodgy (the 1st V3 one has been pants recently)...
I'm confused. I used the T5 supercharger today. I find I'm using it about 3 to 4 times a year and each time it's different every time. About a year ago I charged for 30 min and asked about charging longer than 30 min. I was told to come back when I wanted to leave and validate the pass.
The next time I got told off for staying beyond the 30 min limit, I was advised to buy a coffee next time, but they validated the ticket and didn't charge me any extra.
Today, my wife wanted to use the facilities and get some coffee. She took the ticket in to validate and I expected to be able to stay 40 min for the charge.. she was told no, 30 min was the maximum. So we exited the carpark with 70% and exactly on the 30 min. But the ticket barrier wouldn't accept the ticket..despite several attempts.. wouldn't even take it in to read it.. eventually they answered answered the call button and had to let us out due to the 6 cars behind us.
So what exactly is the procedure for staying more than 30 minutes, or is that impossible now?

I was in Colchester ,Marks Tey, CO6 1DU yesterday. There is a QR code that you need to scan and input your details. You get 2 hours free stay. If you require to stay longer, you would have re-input your details. It looked pretty free, there was another model X whiles I was there. Pretty free, 12 chargers, all V3?
You can go to the hotel’s restaurant and you can have a nice coffee as I did. Not for free obvs….

I was in Colchester ,Marks Tey, CO6 1DU yesterday. There is a QR code that you need to scan and input your details. You get 2 hours free stay. If you require to stay longer, you would have re-input your details. It looked pretty free, there was another model X whiles I was there. Pretty free, 12 chargers, all V3?
You can go to the hotel’s restaurant and you can have a nice coffee as I did. Not for free obvs….
Mmmm they’re all V2’s at Colchester. The hotel is closed to guests at the moment, and has been for several months. I don’t think I’ve ever paid for parking. When did you last visit?