Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro fit AP 2.5 to 3.0 is starting to happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plastic trim is getting unglued on one of the FWDs. I scheduled a mobile appt to fix that and also asked about computer swap. Someone called me this morning and scheduled an actual SC appointment and cancelled mobile service. I have HW 2.5.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael
The video at the bottom of that page was super impressive. It functions way better than AP does for me now. The odd thing is that it was posted 3 years ago. Has AP gotten worst?

Video of flawless AP

Its crazy how well that worked.

That video was used to sell the capabilities of FSD in 2016. It was never a software released to customers, and when the data from CA self driving disengagement reports came out the next year, they had to do lots and lots and lots of runs to get 1 good video. Disengagement Report 2017 – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Take that history into consideration when you watch the 2019 video from autonomy day.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
The video at the bottom of that page was super impressive. It functions way better than AP does for me now. The odd thing is that it was posted 3 years ago. Has AP gotten worst?

Video of flawless AP

Its crazy how well that worked.
The video you are referencing is definitely not AP or any other software that has been released. There is speculation that it was filmed in pieces, but who really knows.

Basically Google is way ahead of everyone. They have one issue every 5000 miles.

I almost pulled the trigger on FSD after seeing that video and then noticed it was 3 years old. I may still do it but it seems we are so far from what that video showed.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Here you go

upload_2019-9-23_18-21-59.png
ss

upload_2019-9-23_18-22-16.png

Last time I checked, they were still contemplating what to change for HW2.0 cars. It could still be only the computer but chances are that they will change some of the camera's and radar as well. In that case I guess HW2.0 cars with FSD will have Dashcam and Sentry Mode recording capability as well. Would be nice..