Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you did get the $7000 ish discount, didn't you?
What about the people who bought it right before December and didn't get it?
What about the people who bought it right after several price raises?
Do you see where I am going?
I got only the $3750 discount - a drop in the bucket compared to what is being offered now. But people who took delivery before December shall be feeing that even more..!

I understand the sentiment, but you did just fine. You bought the car at a price that was acceptable to you at the time of purchase.

This current pricing is very much temporary and is opportunistic: tesla has a very small window of time to be eligible for federal tax credits again (jan->march). But to do so they have to sell (most models) for less than $55k.

In the same boat. Took delivery in December 2022 in Canada for CAD $80K (regular price was $85K - $5K December rebate). I was happy at the time to get $5K off, but the new price is now $70K. However, the only paint color included as standard is now white, which I wouldn't want; my choice of Midnight Silver Metallic is now $1,300 extra so the price difference is actually $8,700 (amplified by taxes and loan interest if not paying cash).

I'm not happy about it, but there's nothing to be done. I agreed to pay the asking price at the time - too bad for me. In the end, the car is still the same (which I'm loving) and the price difference, while frustrating, is not life-changing or anything like that.

I understand the sentiment, but you did just fine. You bought the car at a price that was acceptable to you at the time of purchase.

This current pricing is very much temporary and is opportunistic: tesla has a very small window of time to be eligible for federal tax credits again (jan->march). But to do so they have to sell (most models) for less than $55k.

This is not true, they're eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit now. But they're still eligible for the $3,750 tax credit after March until they get they start mining their battery material domestically. I don't think it's temporary.

If Tesla can lower prices for new customers, why don't offer concessions to customers took delivery recently..! Capitalism doesn't mean you cannot complain..!
That's not how capitalism works. The prices were higher due to insane demand and increased cost in the supply chains. Now that both new factories are ramped, supply chain costs are down, Tesla is returning that reduced cost back to the customer. Wtf should they cut themselves to pay you or anyone else who bought at a different cost structure?

Reactions: johnnycnote
Bad Tesla day. My 4 month old MYLR just took a huge depreciation hit thanks to todays big price reduction. Second, FSD capability is why i bought a Tesla. Just watched Out of Spec Dave’s YouTube FSD review and I see how terrible it really is, on par with Autosummon. I am glad I didn’t waste $200 for a months trial. I really don’t understand why it looks so good on other FSD videos. Hell, I am unhappy with basic autopilot, basic ADAS capabilities, and I miss features I can’t get on a Tesla thinking the aforementioned items would make it worthwhile. Meanwhile, I have a car I am overall unhappy with that is worth tremendously less than what I paid for it. All this after waiting almost a year for delivery (11/21-9/22). FWIW, a new MYLR is approx $13,000 less than I paid for mine after Fed $7500 and less sales tax are accounted for.

Bad Tesla day. My 4 month old MYLR just took a huge depreciation hit thanks to todays big price reduction. Second, FSD capability is why i bought a Tesla. Just watched Out of Spec Dave’s YouTube FSD review and I see how terrible it really is, on par with Autosummon. I am glad I didn’t waste $200 for a months trial. I really don’t understand why it looks so good on other FSD videos. Hell, I am unhappy with basic autopilot, basic ADAS capabilities, and I miss features I can’t get on a Tesla thinking the aforementioned items would make it worthwhile. Meanwhile, I have a car I am overall unhappy with that is worth tremendously less than what I paid for it. All this after waiting almost a year for delivery (11/21-9/22). FWIW, a new MYLR is approx $13,000 less than I paid for mine after Fed $7500 and less sales tax are accounted for.
If you are unhappy with Tesla's FSD or AP, there is no cars on this plant can make you happy for that functionality. $7500 credit is not for everyone, so that should not be the basis for your calculation

Reactions: john94si
Trying to see the bigger picture. This is going to force other manufacturers to drop their prices too, so EVs will become more affordable. More EVs, a better charging network, more servicing centers, etc. So while I lost $ on my late December purchase, ultimately I'll still gain from this. Even if it's not the re-sale price.
I agree 100%. Many people here will buy another EV in the future and it will help them financially. Also, Tesla might raise price back up after March expiration date.
If someone bought any car for the resale purpose, he/she is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.