Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now they have raised the Model Y price by $500, which really limits options that can be purchased and still remain under $55k...
I’m not seeing how this is a negative. It’s demand pricing. If demand falls then it’ll be adjusted back down.

As someone who sells on volume over gross, I typically start aggressive on what we have plenty of and set a stop loss as supply goes down. Inversely if we have a line that isn’t moving well enough we’ll keep increasing discount offer until the desired demand is met.

• Helpful
Reactions: Happy Hippo
I’m not seeing how this is a negative. It’s demand pricing. If demand falls then it’ll be adjusted back down.

As someone who sells on volume over gross, I typically start aggressive on what we have plenty of and set a stop loss as supply goes down. Inversely if we have a line that isn’t moving well enough we’ll keep increasing discount offer until the desired demand is met.
Buying a Tesla seems more volatile than buying Tesla stock. lol

Tesla did not screw their customers.
If anything, lowering prices and reducing their comfortable profit margin by a few percentage points kind of screwed their competition by making it much more difficult to compete in the EV market.
While the competition spends millions on media advertising for vehicles that are still unavailable, Tesla sales are soaring with no advertising..
Remember what Henry Ford did over 100 years ago when he lowered the price of the Model T. The automobile grave yard is very large.

That was due to the bolts catching fire. They offered discounts and gave people $6k back to their customers that took delivery so they would not sue them. In addition. Chevy did not discount ALL their models, only the Bolt, like Tesla did. I am just saying it is not the same..
As you noted, you're required to sign away your right to join the existing class action lawsuit against GM regarding the battery fires.

I would buy the car as I would need it for everyday usage. The stock is volatile, Tesla does not stop production if the market plummets, they keep on manufacturing as usual. It’s the shareholder’s who lose their shirts. Even Elon Musk mentioned Tesla stock is overvalued.
I have the car but the ups and downs for the last few months are kind of crazy to watch.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
There have been multiple claims that no other car maker has ever dropped their prices so dramatically.
Why don't you find an appropriate time that has happened after the transition from horse and buggy to automobile lmao. If that's your only case, when Henry Ford pioneered the production line, you're not really standing on firm ice. Also, the used auto market was still trying to overcome general consumer concerns over where to put the horse feed on these new-fangled auto horses.

Between 1908 and 1916 Ford dropped the price of a Model T from $850 to $350 while introducing significant improvements. Talk about screwing the customers (not).

(moderator note)

As mentioned, the thread for price discussion is stickied at the top of this subforum and can be found here:

Please direct all further discussion on this topic (tesla pricing, etc) to that thread.

==========================================

That averages about 10% a year. Tesla still tanked the 1 year msrp faster compared to ford over 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.