Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much was the ECU Gen 4? Maybe you just have a bad module?
It was a rounded $150. Not too spicy, thus why I decided to go for it even if it wouldn't work.

Really, *really* surprising to hear about the 2021 car being built with a Gen3 šŸ˜µ Quite unusual! It lends to another theory, though: that the pinout changes were possibly done earlier, and the earlier ECU was tweaked for the new sensor setup - whatever the change may be. The change in pinout itself lends to actual sensor changes (different pin positions to ensure there can be no confusion/mismatch). But these sensors have no bearing on CCS compatibility, I'd think -- I still get full v3 speeds, so amperage isn't a factor. Thus, a variation of the Gen4 ECU may be on-the-way to fit into older cars like mine, just as a Gen3 was made to fit into newer cars like yours. Though that should mean yours is a super easy swap -- hey, you want my Gen4? haha -- you'd just have to get to Service Mode to reflash it, or ask nicely at an SC to send a reflash update to you.*

Worried about that whole harness swap though. Yeehaw. Not sure what to make of that. If it was Model S, though, that would make sense - those were never built with CCS in mind, and the port is physically quite different. Gives me a little hope that such a wild retrofit shouldn't be applicable for NA. The CCS adapter is a pretty basic passive adapter that I expect to go for $199 or so. I'd be totally willing to do that. I charge about 1/3 DC and 2/3 AC, according to my stats through Scan My Tesla. I'd really love to be able to use the newer, beefier CCS stations :)

* - Word of warning, though: if you connect a mismatched charge port ECU, the car won't start - so you have to install it, leave the data plug (smallest of the 3) unplugged, drive to the SC, get to service mode, hard-power-down the car, plug it back in, boot it back up, and request a reflash then and there (as the car is running on 12v power until it gets reflashed or unplugged).

Reactions: Xebec
It was a rounded $150. Not too spicy, thus why I decided to go for it even if it wouldn't work.

Really, *really* surprising to hear about the 2021 car being built with a Gen3 šŸ˜µ Quite unusual! It lends to another theory, though: that the pinout changes were possibly done earlier, and the earlier ECU was tweaked for the new sensor setup - whatever the change may be. The change in pinout itself lends to actual sensor changes (different pin positions to ensure there can be no confusion/mismatch). But these sensors have no bearing on CCS compatibility, I'd think -- I still get full v3 speeds, so amperage isn't a factor. Thus, a variation of the Gen4 ECU may be on-the-way to fit into older cars like mine, just as a Gen3 was made to fit into newer cars like yours. Though that should mean yours is a super easy swap -- hey, you want my Gen4? haha -- you'd just have to get to Service Mode to reflash it, or ask nicely at an SC to send a reflash update to you.*

Worried about that whole harness swap though. Yeehaw. Not sure what to make of that. If it was Model S, though, that would make sense - those were never built with CCS in mind, and the port is physically quite different. Gives me a little hope that such a wild retrofit shouldn't be applicable for NA. The CCS adapter is a pretty basic passive adapter that I expect to go for $199 or so. I'd be totally willing to do that. I charge about 1/3 DC and 2/3 AC, according to my stats through Scan My Tesla. I'd really love to be able to use the newer, beefier CCS stations :)

* - Word of warning, though: if you connect a mismatched charge port ECU, the car won't start - so you have to install it, leave the data plug (smallest of the 3) unplugged, drive to the SC, get to service mode, hard-power-down the car, plug it back in, boot it back up, and request a reflash then and there (as the car is running on 12v power until it gets reflashed or unplugged).
Wouldn't your Gen 4 ECU already be flashed with the right December firmware? Or are these flashes car specific? Did you take any photos of the female side of the wire hardness? It would be nice to compare a newer model M3 with GEN 4 or something like mine GEN3 '21 on the female side of the harness. it's a good reference that you have the ECU side of GEN 3 and 4 male connector.

Wouldn't your Gen 4 ECU already be flashed with the right December firmware? Or are these flashes car specific? Did you take any photos of the female side of the wire hardness? It would be nice to compare a newer model M3 with GEN 4 or something like mine GEN3 '21 on the female side of the harness. it's a good reference that you have the ECU side of GEN 3 and 4 male connector.
Flashes are very specific. In fact, I think it keys it to your car's configuration of parts. Observe timeline:
- start: old ECU / pre-update FW (working)
- swap in the Gen4 ECU / pre-update FW (non-working, will start and drive w/ "charge cable is unplugged" override, says update needed)
- updated with Gen4 ECU installed to holiday update -> non-working, will start and drive, doesn't say update needed anymore
- swap back to old ECU -> non-working, won't start or drive, says incompatible software
- reflash old ECU with service mode -> fully works again
- swap back to Gen4 ECU -> non-working, won't start or drive, says incompatible software
- reflash Gen4 ECU with service mode -> non-working (same faults as first attempt), at least it drives.
- swap back to old ECU -> non-working, won't start or drive, says incompatible software
- reflash old ECU again with service mode -> fully works again

So any time you swap ECUs, it just locks everything out. Rather odd, since the first swap to Gen4 didn't "open contactors" and keep the car from starting. So it seems the ECUs start with, maybe, a boot-loader firmware sort of thing, and after it's flashed, it's either compatible/happy with the configuration, or it's incompatible/needs to be reflashed.

Finally, as to my car's wire harness positions! (This harness seems to go to the car-side of the charging port, btw)

X____X__X___
XX_XXXX_X_X_

Compare to the old ECU:
X___XX__X___
XXXXXXX_XXX_

And the Gen4:
X___X_XXX__X
XXXXXXX_X_XX

There's ONE pin out of line (present in harness, no pin on Gen4). (Ā¬_Ā¬ )

Last edited by a moderator:
here is videos related to topic, how is in Europe we are changing US-spec cars to accept CCS with US port (from salvage auctions mostly)
This one specifically is Model 3 2018 Gen3

woa woa woa. wate a minite. hold up. 90% of that video is stuff I've already done - the need of updating, how to get the reflash, power down the car, installing it, etc. But blazed right past the deeply important info: WAIT. What is "Gen3" and does Gen3 have a CCS modem?

That's why I've specifically avoided referring to my old ECU as "gen"-anything. I haven't found any resource for what gens ever existed, and my old charge port ECU is plastic-melt welded in place so I don't want to break it to examine it. The new ECU specifically says Gen4 in multiple places, so I call it that.

Could it be I have a... I dunno, Gen1 or Gen2 ECU, and Gen3 is what got the CCS modem first, and compatible with this wiring? Huge if so; I'll just sell the Gen4 and get a Gen3.

Flashes are very specific. In fact, I think it keys it to your car's configuration of parts. Observe timeline:
- start: old ECU / pre-update FW (working)
- swap in the Gen4 ECU / pre-update FW (non-working, will start and drive w/ "charge cable is unplugged" override, says update needed)
- updated with Gen4 ECU installed to holiday update -> non-working, will start and drive, doesn't say update needed anymore
- reflash old ECU with service mode -> fully works again
- swap back to Gen4 ECU -> non-working, won't start or drive, says incompatible software
- reflash Gen4 ECU with service mode -> fully works again
- reflash old ECU again with service mode -> fully works again

So any time you swap ECUs, it just locks everything out. Rather odd, since the first swap to Gen4 didn't "open contactors" and keep the car from starting. So it seems the ECUs start with, maybe, a boot-loader firmware sort of thing, and after it's flashed, it's either compatible/happy with the configuration, or it's incompatible/needs to be reflashed.

Finally, as to my car's wire harness positions! (This harness seems to go to the car-side of the charging port, btw)

X____X__X___
XX_XXXX_X_X_

Compare to the old ECU:
X___XX__X___
XXXXXXX_XXX_

And the Gen4:
X___X_XXX__X
XXXXXXX_X_XX

There's ONE pin out of line (present in harness, no pin on Gen4). (Ā¬_Ā¬ )
Thanks for this. I will try to see the pinning on the female side of the charge port wires harness for my 9/21 M3.

How did you do all these flashes? Did you drive back to Tesla each time and ask for their assistance with a reflash? Can you do the flash yourself in service mode?

Thanks for this. I will try to see the pinning on the female side of the charge port wires harness for my 9/21 M3.

How did you do all these flashes? Did you drive back to Tesla each time and ask for their assistance with a reflash? Can you do the flash yourself in service mode?
Earlier in this thread is the riddle šŸ™ƒ You can do it with or without their help... getting their help depends on how nice you are to the service guys (I've gotten far by going at calm times, and leading with the anti-Karen "I don't expect miracles, but"). Never demand, don't "tell them what to do" - great way to get "bad" service that way. Ask if they can send a reflash and they'll probably be able to do it quick (but it does depend on who you get / their familiarity with the systems). Best to let them know you're aware you're doing something outside the norms, and don't expect them to help you.

But yeah, the two are fairly coincident - if you're able to do it yourself, the option to ask is only walking distance away (assuming business hours). Had I actually acquired the "right" ECU in the first place (assuming this version of Gen4, or Gen4 in general, is fundamentally incompatible), I could have done it without service mode at all - taking the Holiday Update would've done the trick for me. If you want to completely avoid service, then install the ECU just before applying the next update, whenever that comes - then let the update install once you've installed the new ECU. Same effect.

woa woa woa. wate a minite. hold up. 90% of that video is stuff I've already done - the need of updating, how to get the reflash, power down the car, installing it, etc. But blazed right past the deeply important info: WAIT. What is "Gen3" and does Gen3 have a CCS modem?

That's why I've specifically avoided referring to my old ECU as "gen"-anything. I haven't found any resource for what gens ever existed, and my old charge port ECU is plastic-melt welded in place so I don't want to break it to examine it. The new ECU specifically says Gen4 in multiple places, so I call it that.

Could it be I have a... I dunno, Gen1 or Gen2 ECU, and Gen3 is what got the CCS modem first, and compatible with this wiring? Huge if so; I'll just sell the Gen4 and get a Gen3.
Gen 3 is an evolution of charge port ECU, mostly 2017-end of 2019, those are without PLC,termoresistors and heated port part# 1092755
Gen 4 has a CCS chip and termoresistors to control/heat up port at winter. mostly on cars ~March 2020-June 2021 part#1537264-00-B
There is a gen4 version without CCS controller part# 1537264-80-B, June 2021-Oct2021

EU on other side always had CCS, and different seems only with heated port and different frequency of port opening

CP ECU, Assy, Gen 3, IEC
1092755-82-B
CP ECU, ASSY, GEN 4, EU
1537264-20-B

SO even US spec cars build at Gen4 03/2020-06/2021 and after Oct 2021 seems DO can Talk PLC/CCS protocol.
EU spec ECU are always could talk to CCS (main charge standard in Europe)

Gen 3 is an evolution of charge port ECU, mostly 2017-end of 2019, those are without PLC,termoresistors and heated port part# 1092755
Gen 4 has a CCS chip and termoresistors to control/heat up port at winter. mostly on cars ~March 2020-June 2021 part#1537264-00-B
There is a gen4 version without CCS controller part# 1537264-80-B, June 2021-Oct2021

EU on other side always had CCS, and different seems only with heated port and different frequency of port opening

CP ECU, Assy, Gen 3, IEC
1092755-82-B
CP ECU, ASSY, GEN 4, EU
1537264-20-B

SO even US spec cars build at Gen4 03/2020-06/2021 and after Oct 2021 seems DO can Talk PLC/CCS protocol.
EU spec ECU are always could talk to CCS (main charge standard in Europe)
Very useful! OK, so, rewind a moment, let me drill down one more specific thing:

In the auto industry, a change in part number means a change in compatibility - and that holds true so far with me and my attempt at Gen4 -- the part number changed, and voila, it wasn't pin-compatible.

Now, about that 1092755-82-B, EU spec. šŸ¤” Does that mean *that* variant has PLC to speak CCS? That would be the one I need, then -- but I couldn't be sure, because the board looks the awful same as my original, through the frosted plastic case photos I find online. It also matches my part number (except -82-B instead of -99-B as I have), so that'd mean it's pin-compatible. Type 2 has 3-phase power, but I don't think that'd mean it has more pins, since the ECU doesn't touch the AC lines. Pilot and prox are the same; everything else should be the same too. So in theory, if the EU spec one has the necessary PLC modem, then voila! I just need to get me one of those. :)

Now, about that 1092755-82-B, EU spec. šŸ¤” Does that mean *that* variant has PLC to speak CCS?
Yes.
You can see that on video a few posts higher obviously.

But that's for Europe, how EU block will work in USA, I have no idea, these it adds PLC and removes chademo (CAN), that may also remove Supercharger, because of no CAN, but that is only a guess...

Here is GEN4 inside photo
and gen3 external photo (cant find board photo)

Attachments

• photo_2021-11-26_12-13-57.jpg
    photo_2021-11-26_12-13-57.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • photo_2021-09-01_10-53-37.jpg
    photo_2021-09-01_10-53-37.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 184
Supercharger is SWC (single wire CAN). You can't be for real... they removed SWC and put in PLC? šŸ¤Æ That'd mean no Supercharging if you go for an EU ECU swap in the US. Only CCS. Losing CHAdeMO would be almost acceptable, but haha losing SWC haha? Haha. haha no šŸ˜¶

Trying to follow along, lurking...does this mean there is not a DIY option quite yet?
Mostly correct... at the moment I'm only aware of one option "for those with infinite money and an endless thirst for CCS": Tesla US CCS1/CCS2 (400A) - a CNC-created plug adapter for Type 1 (at probably 3x the price Tesla's will ship at, in indeterminate-but-likely-soon time), plus a EU Charging Unit Tesla Model 3 CP ECU, ASSY, GEN 3, 1092755-82-B, CCS, Retrofit | eBay (1092755-82-B - the EU-spec charge port ECU of the older generation with PLC). Both items cost 2-3x as much as Tesla's offerings likely will.

Still not sure about the validity of the claim that the EU ECU lacks SWC (single wire CAN - mostly Supercharger) support. I've heard that's perhaps a tad dubious, but file it under "things that are an unlikely possibility". Best I can tell, the EU spec one may just have been a "feature-stuffed" version of the US spec's "feature-stripped" board (lacking PLC). But as I'm not quite interested in spending overly gratuitous amounts of money on that ECU from Latvia... at least not quite yet... :)

Reactions: Tress
Trying to follow along, lurking...does this mean there is not a DIY option quite

Mostly correct... at the moment I'm only aware of one option "for those with infinite money and an endless thirst for CCS": Tesla US CCS1/CCS2 (400A) - a CNC-created plug adapter for Type 1 (at probably 3x the price Tesla's will ship at, in indeterminate-but-likely-soon time), plus a EU Charging Unit Tesla Model 3 CP ECU, ASSY, GEN 3, 1092755-82-B, CCS, Retrofit | eBay (1092755-82-B - the EU-spec charge port ECU of the older generation with PLC). Both items cost 2-3x as much as Tesla's offerings likely will.

Still not sure about the validity of the claim that the EU ECU lacks SWC (single wire CAN - mostly Supercharger) support. I've heard that's perhaps a tad dubious, but file it under "things that are an unlikely possibility". Best I can tell, the EU spec one may just have been a "feature-stuffed" version of the US spec's "feature-stripped" board (lacking PLC). But as I'm not quite interested in spending overly gratuitous amounts of money on that ECU from Latvia... at least not quite yet... :)
Well, I think there *may* be a simple ECU swap for the small window of owners who ended up with "1537264-80-B" ECU 4 modules that did NOT have the PLC for NA region. From another thread someone checked their ECU and found 1537264-80-B, with the "80" aka cutted version. CCS Adapter for North America

I think older model cars, like the OP, have an ECU 3 with a different wire harness and/or sensors in the charge port that are not pin-pin compatible with a simple ECU 4 swap in. They may need a simple wire harness to adapt or another retrofit model ECU4 or worse, a different chargeport.

^^ Ahh yes. Exactly. If you've got the oddly-cost-reduced Gen4 version without PLC, you can swap in a readily-available "full featured" Gen4 available from Tesla for $150-ish.

Remember, in any swap case, you need to have an update ready "in your back pocket" before you commit to installing it - and it's always best practice to fully power-down the car before swapping (pull 12v, pull the under-seat plug, then replug under-seat, re-plug 12v). If you swap and the swap has a "violently incompatible firmware", it'll keep the car from starting while it's plugged in - until you get the update installed or reflash sent. If you end up with that non-starting incompatibility case, the car runs on the 12v battery until the reflash is completed, so if it does happen, get the update installed or decide to unplug/revert ASAP as not to kill your 12v battery! It's one of VERY few cases where the car actually chews through the 12v battery - and it'll die quick. (it'll start the car and switch to normal power as soon as the ECU is reflashed during update/reflash - so you can take a sigh of relief as soon as the black update screen comes up)

Not sure how many cars have a cost-reduced Gen4 ECU, or how to tell from the outside - just that it'd be a more recent build (probably mid-2020 to present). If you've got one of those, and it's "CCS adapter support: Not installed", then a simple, readily available Gen4 swap ought to do the trick!

For those of us with older (pre-2020) cars, it's still a bit of a question hanging in the air.

As a helpful search point, I've determined the following information (subject perhaps to later clarification):

Charge Port ECU Gen1 and Gen2 didn't "exist" - those perhaps were used on the prior Model S/X. (so yes it existed, but only for those cars)
ECU Gen3 is what started off the Model 3, and it may have been split into two variations: NA and EU. For EU, PLC support was added so that Model 3 could plug-in to CCS stations right away.
It was short-lived though, as Gen4 came around with cost-reduced everything, and it's used in new EU and US cars. Some US cars were silently cost-reduced by removing the PLC modem. Since it was never an advertised feature, it's fair game. Tesla still (Jan 2022) hasn't said a word about North American CCS compatibility, so keep in mind we're all still just just trying to be ahead-of-the-announcement here.

There are substantial physical port/harness differences between ports paired with Gen3 and Gen4, so the two aren't directly interchangeable -- have to stick within the gen you have, at least for now. Switching within the generation (e.g. an EU spec to NA spec and back) seems to be supported. Update required for any swap (see previous post).

Gen3 P/Ns:
1092755-82-B - EU spec (has PLC)
1092755-98-D - NA spec (older rev?)
1092755-99-D - NA spec (no PLC)

Gen4 P/Ns:
1537264-00-B - NA spec
1537264-??-? - NA spec (stripped of PLC)
1537264-20-B - EU spec

(PLC, "PowerLine Communication", the key part of CCS compatibility - it's basically Ethernet+TCP/IP layered over analog J1772. For comparison, J1772 is analog, +12v/-12v PWM; Superchargers and Tesla EVSEs use SWC, "Single Wire CAN")

Another base P/N seems to exist in the wild, leaving me on the edge of my seat as to what that might mean - but it could mean nothing.

Really looking forward to an announcement from Tesla, which is kinda like waiting for an earthquake. You know it's coming... some day, any day now... šŸ‘€

Last edited:
Lastly, an interesting peek at the experience across the pond. Stumbled across this while trying to square-up whether CHAdeMO adapter would still be compatible with the EU Gen3 ECU swap. It would appear not (because the CdM adapter with the EU plug uses Tesla's wacky non-standard DC pins arrangement - it doesn't use the 2 big DC lugs below the CCS port - so it would likely be locked out in software).

Behold, the user-experience for EU Model X CCS upgrades:

1641513841430.png

Quote:
Model X CCS Upgrade
Ā£199

Description
This upgrade to your Model X and adapter allow you to access our latest generation V3 Supercharging technology with smoother power delivery and no need to power-share with the car next to you. In addition to our Supercharging network, your Model X will also be compatible with public charging locations across Europe.

Features:
Max charge rate: 142 kW

Includes:
Price includes purchase of CCS Combo 2 Adaptor and a service appointment for installation. Parts will be sent directly to your shipping address. To have CCS capability installed, schedule a Mobile Service appointment through Tesla app upon receipt of the adapter (select: Accessories - Upgrades and Installations). Do not tamper with the package or installation will be voided. When scheduling, please include your order# in the appointment description.

Emphasis mine. Sounds like buying the CCS adapter also includes an ECU swap, gratis (possibly Gen<3 to Gen3 or some other variant?). Suggests how they might deploy this in the US (and thus... why it's taking so long after the adapter has already been seen -- there's lots of work to do in logistics of deploying a new upgradeable, backwards-compatible part and all the instructions/service info).

As a helpful search point, I've determined the following information (subject perhaps to later clarification):

Charge Port ECU Gen1 and Gen2 didn't "exist" - those perhaps were used on the prior Model S/X. (so yes it existed, but only for those cars)
ECU Gen3 is what started off the Model 3, and it may have been split into two variations: NA and EU. For EU, PLC support was added so that Model 3 could plug-in to CCS stations right away.
It was short-lived though, as Gen4 came around with cost-reduced everything, and it's used in new EU and US cars. Some US cars were silently cost-reduced by removing the PLC modem. Since it was never an advertised feature, it's fair game. Tesla still (Jan 2022) hasn't said a word about North American CCS compatibility, so keep in mind we're all still just just trying to be ahead-of-the-announcement here.

There are substantial physical port/harness differences between ports paired with Gen3 and Gen4, so the two aren't directly interchangeable -- have to stick within the gen you have, at least for now. Switching within the generation (e.g. an EU spec to NA spec and back) seems to be supported. Update required for any swap (see previous post).

Gen3 P/Ns:
1092755-82-B - EU spec (has PLC)
1092755-98-D - NA spec (older rev?)
1092755-99-D - NA spec (no PLC)

Gen4 P/Ns:
1537264-00-B - NA spec
1537264-??-? - NA spec (stripped of PLC)
1537264-20-B - EU spec

(PLC, "PowerLine Communication", the key part of CCS compatibility - it's basically Ethernet+TCP/IP layered over analog J1772. For comparison, J1772 is analog, +12v/-12v PWM; Superchargers and Tesla EVSEs use SWC, "Single Wire CAN")

Another base P/N seems to exist in the wild, leaving me on the edge of my seat as to what that might mean - but it could mean nothing.

Really looking forward to an announcement from Tesla, which is kinda like waiting for an earthquake. You know it's coming... some day, any day now... šŸ‘€

When you says, "Another base P/N seems to exist in the wild, leaving me on the edge of my seat as to what that might mean - but it could mean nothing." Do you mean, 1537264-80-B?

Do you think the 1092755-82-B EU would work in NA on an 2018/Gen 3 NA ECU3 (1092755-98/99-D)?

Do you think Tesla will include the CCS adapter soon in newer model 2022 cars?

When you says, "Another base P/N seems to exist in the wild, leaving me on the edge of my seat as to what that might mean - but it could mean nothing." Do you mean, 1537264-80-B?

Do you think the 1092755-82-B EU would work in NA on an 2018/Gen 3 NA ECU3 (1092755-98/99-D)?
Another base P/N exists (claims to be Gen4) - Buy 1619321-10-A by Tesla - ASY. CHARGE PORT CONTROLLER GEN 4 NA - but I've only seen it one place for an absurd price. Not sure what the heck it is - could just be an error.

My feeling on the EU swap (replacing a Gen3 1092755-98/99-D with a Gen3 1092755-82-B) stacks up like this: 90% sure it'd pair up and work (for AC/functional/not giving faults), 80% sure it'd work with CCS and that wildly expensive adapter, 60% sure it'd still work with Supercharging, 20% chance it'd still work with the CHAdeMO adapter, 20% chance of having issues in the future.

Oh, and do I think they'll include CCS adapter in newer cars (like they do J1772)? Honestly... not really? Though if my theory that Tesla is slowly transitioning to CCS in the US comes true (please please please, haha), that may prove to be the case. Can't tell what's on their minds sometimes, but gears may start turning if/when Tesla starts putting dual-head (CCS/SC) pedestals in the wild around the US for "non-Tesla" compatibility. It'd be so wacky if the Cybertruck actually launches, for example, with that kyootsey widdle Tesla connector trying to gobble down 250kW on the regular. CCS port, no problem. Huge amps, widdle tiny connector? I dunno! So my bet is kinda on a CCS transition for Tesla in the long term ;)

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
Another base P/N exists (claims to be Gen4) - Buy 1619321-10-A by Tesla - ASY. CHARGE PORT CONTROLLER GEN 4 NA - but I've only seen it one place for an absurd price. Not sure what the heck it is - could just be an error.

My feeling on the EU swap (replacing a Gen3 1092755-98/99-D with a Gen3 1092755-82-B) stacks up like this: 90% sure it'd pair up and work (for AC/functional/not giving faults), 80% sure it'd work with CCS and that wildly expensive adapter, 60% sure it'd still work with Supercharging, 20% chance it'd still work with the CHAdeMO adapter, 20% chance of having issues in the future.

Oh, and do I think they'll include CCS adapter in newer cars (like they do J1772)? Honestly... not really? Though if my theory that Tesla is slowly transitioning to CCS in the US comes true (please please please, haha), that may prove to be the case. Can't tell what's on their minds sometimes, but gears may start turning if/when Tesla starts putting dual-head (CCS/SC) pedestals in the wild around the US for "non-Tesla" compatibility. It'd be so wacky if the Cybertruck actually launches, for example, with that kyootsey widdle Tesla connector trying to gobble down 250kW on the regular. CCS port, no problem. Huge amps, widdle tiny connector? I dunno! So my bet is kinda on a CCS transition for Tesla in the long term ;)
1619321 This one is for S/X (Plaid/LR likely) as far I know

1619321-00-A MX 2021
1619321-10-A MS 2021

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FalconFour
Status
Not open for further replies.