Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit to matrix (global) headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s the same adjust headlight menu as as usual, you just need to open it while the car is in service mode. You can then control horizontal aim with the scroll wheels (pushing left and right)
I see this in the service section when parked. So in service mode there’s another one for left and right ?
IMG_5195.jpeg

Yeah, you can adjust the vertical and horizontal aim for each headlight through that menu.

For a car that didn't come with them, I can't imagine they're going to be perfectly aimed out of the box. And like I said, my Plaid which came with them was drastically misaimed

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Wow that was quick
Is the light output noticeable better? Worth it?

Parts required assuming the Model X has ethernet port are:
- Lights themselves
- 6 pin to 3 pin adaptor

Is that it? and then laptop/developer to reconfig?
Huge difference. I now have 4 projector lights which is brighter. I’m have a 2023 mxp (no -matrix) and my co-worker got a 2924 w/matrix. I test drove his car and noticed the light improvement at night. But currently, the matrix lights loose the slow speed head light beam with turn signals. I assume the matrix will get that back once adaptive lighting is enabled.

Huge difference. I now have 4 projector lights which is brighter. I’m have a 2023 mxp (no -matrix) and my co-worker got a 2924 w/matrix. I test drove his car and noticed the light improvement at night. But currently, the matrix lights loose the slow speed head light beam with turn signals. I assume the matrix will get that back once adaptive lighting is enabled.
I just checked under the yoke and I have this plug. Is this H-MTD?

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpeg
    IMG_2931.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Ordered a rad moon 2 w ethernet port, matrix headlights for model S, adapter plugs, and h-mtd to matenet data cable from china. Once all comes in I'll be ready to have my configurator guy do his magic. Hoping the rad moon and cable recognize the car just fine. Has anyone used an apple MacBook to connect to car and configure?