Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofits and Upgrades that we have done! Any other retrofits you have done or like for us to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever tried modding a new DRL strip into the refresh LED headlights? One that doesn’t burn out like the OEM ones.

You just gotta keep getting them replaced by Tesla. I went through, no kidding, 5 headlights, and now both left and right are flawless (and it's been long enough that I am confident to say they're unlikely to burn out).

This is definitely an issue with QC with these headlights.

Reactions: Rockwell
@Rockwell I'm in San Jose CA. Work for Tesla and, I'm looking for a middle seat to be removed in my 2016 MX. Mono post style. I saw that you've done this with no error messages or latch alarms. Can you please advise?
Yea, we did that to our own 2016 Model X. Once you remove the middle seat, you will need Tesla to change the configuration on your car and redeploy.
If you are in Orange County, feel free to stop by.

I seen this, is it possible to pay someone to set this up for me?

You could ask some local shops, but i think they're going to be scratching their heads on what it is and how it works. With that said, there's a video on how to install it on a 2013 S from start to finish:

Reactions: Sanderpman12
You could ask some local shops, but i think they're going to be scratching their heads on what it is and how it works. With that said, there's a video on how to install it on a 2013 S from start to finish:

I saw these videos but im so bad at removing trim so i rather have someone else do it 😂

I saw these videos but im so bad at removing trim so i rather have someone else do it 😂

If you're not comfortable removing trim, ANY car audio shop will be able to run the cables for you....but they likely won't plug anything in for liability purposes.

So, maybe just ask them to run the wires behind the trim to the spot you want, and then you can plug it into the unit.

Just sent out an email to them, ill let everyone know what they say

tenor.gif

Can we keep this thread going? My 2013 Model S 85 Base is still such a nice and fun car to drive. With used car prices climbing the way they are, I’m more willing to hold on to this car and just keep updating/retrofitting to the extent possible.

Reactions: buckets0fun
I’d like to see an OEM 2021 S/X bumper retrofit: to the 2017 fascia but probably more interesting would be to the nose cone. Both would require a hole/grill for the side louvers.

Aftermarket would be easier eventually but the aftermarket vendors can never seem to resist the urge to mess up the clean OEM line look.

Last edited:
Yeah the front bumper/fascia is the one thing I wish I could change about my 2015. I don't like the look of the aftermarket choices and I can't find any shops near me that are willing to do the retrofit with the OEM parts. I have to imagine the 2021+ front bumper will be even more difficult to retrofit but that would be my dream.