Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for FSD? I do understand that I bought FSD knowing the feature wasn't ready at the time but, I'm fairly disappointed that there haven't been any major improvements to FSD when Tesla said my car would get full self driving capabilities "later this year" (I bought my car early 2019). I feel like they haven't delivered on there promise and I'm sure that they have something put in the contract to save themselves but just seeing if anyone has been able to get a refund on FSD.

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for FSD? I do understand that I bought FSD knowing the feature wasn't ready at the time but, I'm fairly disappointed that there haven't been any major improvements to FSD when Tesla said my car would get full self driving capabilities "later this year" (I bought my car early 2019). I feel like they haven't delivered on there promise and I'm sure that they have something put in the contract to save themselves but just seeing if anyone has been able to get a refund on FSD.
Maybe check in the main model 3 forums rather than the Canadian only section. But I highly doubt anyone's ever gotten a refund on it. They choose their wording carefully, and put in disclaimers of needing regulatory approval. Also, we do currently have features they call full self-driving. Its definitely not complete, but they would argue that you do have some features of the final suite and that's all they promised.

Dont forget that some Model S users bought self-driving back in 2015, so if none of those folks got a refund I think it's highly unlikely that you will.

Since you bought in early 2019 presumably you don't even have Hardware 3 yet. But you willl get a free upgrade to that, so you will be getting some things of value. Lastly, if you expected full self-driving to be complete by 2019 then you didn't do enough research before buying.

You cannot “return it”

You say they promised you full self driving capabilities but that’s exactly what you have. The car has the ability to be full self-driving.

There are all kinds of disclaimers about the actual features you may or may not receive.

Reactions: Nepassnakes
So, I guess that moral of the story is, don't bother to buy it until you know it's ready. While when I bought it, I took the sales pitch with a grain of salt, and anticipated it was a year or 2 off (at least a close-to-fully-functional AP) based on it's alliance with MobilEye. I'm waiting to see if they come to the table and do the AP3 upgrade any time soon.

Still, it sucks.

We were fully aware of what to expect when they have the discount last March, there shouldn't be any surprise. At that time, everyone thought that the cost of HW upgrade alone was sufficient to cover the additional cost, and I agreed with the observation. However, I didn't do the full upgrade, just went with the basic Auto Pilot. As a Software guy in my previous life, the software can only be 99% at most, and it will never be 100% unless every other car has the same outfit.

Mind you, I like driving, what kind of fun would we have if Tesla drive all by itself and we are just another passenger. It will be so BORING...

Reactions: X.l.r.8
Mind you, I like driving, what kind of fun would we have if Tesla drive all by itself and we are just another passenger. It will be so BORING...

Well, after having an accident due to driver error which was the other person's fault, along with all the notoriously bad drivers around the GTA, in a way the idea of full autonomy can't come soon enough. I've had enough "excitement" with the moronic "me first, me only" attitude.

As I drive to Miami frequently, I find the GTA a much safer place to drive. There will not be full autonomy for all cars for possibly century’s, wait till the 3 series and accord crowd find out if they cut in front or even close to your car it will automatically slow down and let them in. I’m waiting for that to be a thing because I know it will happen soon.

Well, after having an accident due to driver error which was the other person's fault, along with all the notoriously bad drivers around the GTA, in a way the idea of full autonomy can't come soon enough. I've had enough "excitement" with the moronic "me first, me only" attitude.

I know what you mean, they cut you off even though it is a traffic jam. If you are on autopilot, Tesla will slow down to let them in. Oh well.

I take comfort that I am in the safest car money can buy. At least with Basic autopilot, I now have time to scan around to make sure there are nothing bad happening around us. Before Tesla, you don't know what hit you before it's too late.

I know what you mean, they cut you off even though it is a traffic jam. If you are on autopilot, Tesla will slow down to let them in. Oh well.

I take comfort that I am in the safest car money can buy. At least with Basic autopilot, I now have time to scan around to make sure there are nothing bad happening around us. Before Tesla, you don't know what hit you before it's too late.

Ironically, 3 years to the date.

Model S accident - seeking advice

Physics still rules the day, and it's not every single time that Tesla can save you.

In this case, my old Model S (written off - RIP), saved me and my family from a worse accident because it applied the brakes immediately and stopped the car from going into oncoming traffic. Tesla saved my family from harm because the structure around the doors didn't collapse. It saved my family from someone stupid enough to try to go across 4 lanes of traffic from a damned parallel parking spot to the street across the road during rush hour.

Reactions: Shaz and Vawlkus