Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Model 3 Wiper Size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been struggling with very streaky wipers and I wanted to try new blades before engaging Tesla.

I've managed to find the length of the and got some Bosch Aerotwin A150S Length 650/475. Unfortunately the fixture isn't quite right and they seemed to be 'upside down'

Does anyone know which products will work?

CF8D1387-1CFD-4C56-8FA6-E5670DC59C1B.jpeg

44EA3D3C-01FA-4894-844F-78AF77648941.jpeg

These were on the side of the Amazon part in this thread (see picts - note LHD/no RHD symbols + big wiper on wrong side) - when I tried to fit them the Bosch logo was upside down and the aerodynamic slant was the wrong way up - parts for LHD only (LLE in Bosch spec talk).

Here the original wiper is in the fitment and I’m holding the Amazon one with the wrong aerodynamic slant/Bosch upside down.

00C22D76-B316-43E2-B315-B217BE0C5B1A.jpeg

I could remove the fitting (type 3 on the Bosch spec sheets) and make it go upside down - but it was clearly against the intent of the designer, and the wiper no longer pivoted on the fixture freely (it pushed against some wiper rubber where a slot was missing that way up).

Trying Bosch part AP26U Thursday when it comes. Will see if any better. The original blade was badly eroded when I took it off - hoping the cause of the momentary smear I see post wipe arc.

Noticed an annoying wiper arc scratch by the way - anyone tried the toothpaste solution? Looks light, but Autogym Glass polish didn’t shift (nor did that solve the aforementioned smeariness on its own).

HTHs

Last edited:
Noticed an annoying wiper arc scratch by the way - anyone tried the toothpaste solution? Looks light, but Autogym Glass polish didn’t shift (nor did that solve the aforementioned smeariness on its own).

No solution but a tip for avoidance ... scratches are often caused by relatively innocent looking bird crap. If you get a splat on the windscreen and it dries be very careful! Take great care to soften with water for a minute before very gently wiping off with a tissue. Many types of bird have grit in their crop to help with mincing their food (because they don't have teeth). Some of that grit comes out in their poo ... and sticks to your windscreen!

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Blades can go either way, I just got a set of the Michelin XT Advanced blades as a relative was in the US so I'll see what they are like :)

Well, these wipers started off great, wiped the window and silent, but over the last few days they have been really noisy and missing a bit of the windscreen right in front of the driver. Weirdly, the squeaking is from where the wiper blade connects to the wiper arm, and its really bad. So I've gone back to the originals and cannot recommend the Michelin Silicon XT at all..

Found out he hard way that the BOSCH wiper set with code A310S will NOT fit. The lengths are right and clipping mechanism _looks_ correct for a RHD car (not up side down)...but the clipping mechanism is just a tiny bit too wide. Doesn't fit.

Apart from the clipping mechanism being slightly wider, the blades looks identical to the OEM set. I suspect the OEM set is a bosch as well...

Tesla wipers are available from the Tesla shop online nowadays. I have definitely had an above average experience of the OEM wipers and would be more than happy to use them in the future... they're still perfect having gone through a full winter (car delivered 4th September 2019).

Reactions: NewbieT