Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Riddle me this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC is a very good forum for different ideas.

So riddle me this:

Why do people buy black cars in a hot and sunny environment like Australia? This applies to EV and non EV vehicles.

Why do people, especially 4WD diesel drivers, sit in their vehicles at lookouts, beaches etc, while idling? I have seen people do this for more than 30 minutes. ICE only.

Why do people accelerate down a short hill, about 50 metres, only to have to apply the brake because there is a T intersection at the bottom of the hill? This occurs on too many occasions to count outside my home. This does not apply to we EV drivers as we have to accelerate down a hill or the car will stop.

I know everyone is different, but I am bewildered.

Some witty and amusing responses would be great.

I also posted this on a non Tesla site. It will be interesting to see the different responses, if there is any.

Cheers Greg

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
The amount of black exterior paint exposed to the cabin of an S or X is not much. Its mostly glass. the doors have no real impact as the sun angle in summer is so high. Hence for that particular car of the more recent model the colour is somewhat irrelevant.
As for 4wd users idling, only reason I can think of is the same reason they bought the car. They love buying fossil fuel. The car needs more in the first place, and so that they can stand around at a servo wasting time, they idle the car as much as possible to burn it up. This same group are then vocal that EV users have to stand around waiting to charge, and yet I spend less of my time charging than any petrol car does refueling

Reactions: Wol747
Why do people buy black cars in a hot and sunny environment like Australia? This applies to EV and non EV vehicles.

Why do people, especially 4WD diesel drivers, sit in their vehicles at lookouts, beaches etc, while idling? I have seen people do this for more than 30 minutes. ICE only.

Why do people accelerate down a short hill, about 50 metres, only to have to apply the brake because there is a T intersection at the bottom of the hill? This occurs on too many occasions to count outside my home. This does not apply to we EV drivers as we have to accelerate down a hill or the car will stop.

If fuel was 5 bucks a litre these things would be a little less common...