Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride height difference between pre and post facelift performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious if anyone out there with a pre and post facelift performance 3 can measure the fender to ground measurement front and rear. Visually the 21+ looks like it is slightly lower than the pre facelift. I just wanted to confirm or deny that there is or is not a difference.

Late model 2019 (pedestrian speaker, etc)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,047
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: Krobbler
Can another early M3P measure? I'm on ZeroG wheels which use the same sized tires but maybe it's still marginally different? Were ZeroG wheels 1/2" wider? Not sure that it would make any meaningful impact on ride height...

Also, people are probably measuring differently (the tape measure's hook should be pulled out and not pushed into the ground).

That's not how you use a tape measure. The hook slides freely to account for whether the hook is inside or outside whatever you are measuring. It slides enough to subtract the thickness of the hook when it is hooked on the outside. In this case, since the hook is inside the measurement, it's outer part is touching the ground, the hook should be pushed inwards.

That's not how you use a tape measure. The hook slides freely to account for whether the hook is inside or outside whatever you are measuring. It slides enough to subtract the thickness of the hook when it is hooked on the outside. In this case, since the hook is inside the measurement, it's outer part is touching the ground, the hook should be pushed inwards.

This is somewhat OT, but thanks for posting this explanation. I knew I could get the same measurements on a tape measure, but never really thought about "why" that is. after reading your explanation, I googled it cause I was curious on how that actually worked. Learn something new every day, appreciate you posting this remark.

In case anyone else is interested, here is the video I found when googling it, which explains what @earthwormjim is saying about tape measures, in video forum:

I stand corrected on how the tape measure hook works. I guess I never though about why the hook is loose.