Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't call it "press" -- perhaps a hit-piece? from Wash Post today on this car:
Behold, the 1M electric super car no one asked for and no one needs - The Washington Post

Makes me want to post the Debbie Downer video. *womp-womp*

Although what is implicitly accepted in this article is the 'common knowledge' that some electric cars are now capable of blistering acceleration, every bit as fast or faster than the best ICE supercars out there. But Rimac's baby gets thrown out with the "supercars aren't practical when I spend so much time stuck in traffic" bathwater. Waah. That's not the point of this car.

New video:

One thing to point out is that it does have a two speed gearbox for each or the rear wheels so it can continue accelerating past 80-90 when the power starts to fall off. This is something I think we will start to see a lot more of when companies start truly making electric sports cars. That and in trucks to help get the load off the line and moving and then a gear for highway speed.

WOW!!! Customization is amazing. I really love how you can customize the exact amount of regenerative breaking. I love the Tesla but the interactive abilities of your Rimac are incredible and I'm guessing that part isn't what costs a lot of money so others could do it as well. Regardless... Beautiful machine!

Reactions: ggnykk
Really like the level of customization available to the driver, the way you can shift the bias from front to rear motors, or turn the car into a full rear wheel drive or front wheel drive vehicle if you want.

OMG i loooooooove. I want so bad. Future dream car right here. Only thing needed is the self driving toggle switch for when I don't want to drive. Yes toggle i still gotta be able to drive obviously.

I know he mentions:
  • SIEMENS
  • Koenigsegg
  • IDIADA
and I see:
  • brembo
  • MAGNA
Does anyone recognize the remaining companies on that slide 25m 8s into the video?

At 29m 38s, is he inferring that they are working with Ferrari?

Last edited:

Impressive example of torque vectoring at 9m55s.

I know he mentions:
  • SIEMENS
  • Koenigsegg
  • IDIADA
and I see:
  • brembo
  • MAGNA
Does anyone recognize the remaining companies on that slide 25m 8s into the video?

NM, found it @ 14m 57s:
  • Qoros
  • Quadrofoil
  • W Motors
@22m19s, his pay & the salary he gives his employees makes this achievement even more impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: J1mbo
One thing I find a bit odd is in the video Mate talks about the AC induction motor Nikola Tesla built and says he thinks it's the best way to power a vehicle yet Rimac actually uses PM motors. I guess he meant electric motors in general over ICE motors.