Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Riverton and Lander Wyoming Breadboards Getting 80amp Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had time to contact the Chamber of Commerce in Cooke City? If not, I don't mind contacting them to gauge their interest.

Thanks again for the great work you're doing.

I haven't yet talked with Cooke City Chamber, If you don't mind asking it would be very helpful. The Chambers I have talked with are, Laramie, Rawlins, Cody, Thermopolis, Rocksprings and Casper.

If the weather decides to corporate I should have Dubois station live next week, then Rawlins soon after. I could use some help finding a good location in Cody. The two spots I'm talking with might not be the best fit.

I haven't yet talked with Cooke City Chamber, If you don't mind asking it would be very helpful. The Chambers I have talked with are, Laramie, Rawlins, Cody, Thermopolis, Rocksprings and Casper.

If the weather decides to corporate I should have Dubois station live next week, then Rawlins soon after. I could use some help finding a good location in Cody. The two spots I'm talking with might not be the best fit.
Did you try the Best Western Ivy in Cody?

I didn't try the Best Western, I'll give the a call. You don't personally know the manager or owner do you?
I know someone who stayed there every week for a couple years. I checked with him and he no longer visits Cody on a weekly basis. He said the manager changed a few times so he doesn't have any names. Sorry.

Last edited:
I drive from Wellington, Co to Rawlins, Wy 3 times a week and need to travel all over Wyoming for Work. A network throughout Wyoming would be a huge boost to me. My wife and I have been wanting to buy a Model S or wait for Model 3 for a few years, but the lack of infrastructure has made us hesitate. This news would be very welcome.

Also worth noting for those planning travel in Wyoming. During the winter time wind in excess of 50 MPH is very, very common. There was a stretch last month of almost 2 weeks straight where the wind never fell below that. So keep that in mind when planning trips.

As for elevation. Rawlins is 6700 feet. Cheyenne is i think 5300. Not sure of Rock Springs.

@swaltner pointed me to this thread. Thank you.

@pox , not intend to hijack your thread, but could you provide me the cost structure of the Nayax credit card transactions and who you are working with at Nayax. I also plan to install WattZilla Duo for condo charging (not public but requires billing) so am trying to find the feasibility of credit card billing, which is going to be probably overkill.

@swaltner pointed me to this thread. Thank you.

@pox , not intend to hijack your thread, but could you provide me the cost structure of the Nayax credit card transactions and who you are working with at Nayax. I also plan to install WattZilla Duo for condo charging (not public but requires billing) so am trying to find the feasibility of credit card billing, which is going to be probably overkill.

The pricing changes on how much each transaction is, It around $8 a month and 2.5% per transaction I'm working with Greg Hasslinger <[email protected]> and Joseph Kwong <[email protected]>

The pricing changes on how much each transaction is, It around $8 a month and 2.5% per transaction I'm working with Greg Hasslinger <[email protected]> and Joseph Kwong <[email protected]>
Thanks a lot! Will contact them to see if that is available in Japan as well. If their GSM module speaks 3G as well then it should be OK (2G discontinued here).

Any updates on projected date the Rock Springs Supercharger will be open? Also, any info on Evanston. We are planning a trip to Rock Springs this August and it would be nice to be able to get there from the Salt Lake SC without slow overnight charging.

Last I was in RockSpring about 3 weeks ago I didn't see any progress at all. Don't don't know where Evanston's will be. I do have locations for my stations in Dubois, Rawlins and Cody that should be done before August. The Rock Springs College was interested in a High AMP level 2, If the supercharger isn't up by the time I get done with the other locations I might working on adding 2 there.

If it provides any incentive to finish by August, I will be in Wyoming to provide a VR video at the Adventure Racing World Championships.

I want to drive my Model X and will likely have to take it off road. I know better than to ask the race organizers about the top secret race course, but they didn't think it was possible to cover it in an EV. I hope to prove them wrong and extra chargers in Wyoming will help make that a reality.

I also want to make a YouTube video of the experience which will hopefully show the Model X performing beside other 4x4s rather than me running out of juice and needing a tow.

Anyways, thanks for installing these chargers.

Reactions: PLUS EV
If it provides any incentive to finish by August, I will be in Wyoming to provide a VR video at the Adventure Racing World Championships.

I want to drive my Model X and will likely have to take it off road. I know better than to ask the race organizers about the top secret race course, but they didn't think it was possible to cover it in an EV. I hope to prove them wrong and extra chargers in Wyoming will help make that a reality.

I also want to make a YouTube video of the experience which will hopefully show the Model X performing beside other 4x4s rather than me running out of juice and needing a tow.

Anyways, thanks for installing these chargers.

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll keep working on adding as many as I can. I use my X to go on dirt back roads often, this winter towing other SUV's stuck in the snow. Depending on the track the only think you might need it different tires and you should be good to go. You can always use RV parks if you have to it just limited to 40amps, I had over 60k miles on my Model S and about 15K on my X mostly driving round Wyoming and using RV parks to charge.

Right now Riverton and Lander are online 80amp. Hudson will have a 40 amp done any day now. Cody and Dubois should be online in a few weeks. Rawlins might be possible next month. Alpine is looking like a possibility later in the year and I would personally really like to get one put in Farson and Muddy Gap of all places if any one has connections.

Would love to see one in Afton, or nearby. The straight shot from Evanston to Jackson is tough in winter. Having a charger half way would be a huge stress reliever.

The hardest part is finding places that are interested in hosting chargers. I'll keep Afton in mind and see what I can do. The Hudson station got power today! I should be activating the payment system tomorrow.

Reactions: Fiver
Update:
We now have a 40amp in Hudson Wyoming at the English Muffin, Wyoming 511 now has all our charging locations on a layer for Alt Fuel
Wyoming Travel Information Map

Also I'm hosting a Drive Electric event!
We should have at least 4 EV's so far and would love more people to join us.

Day: Saturday, September 16, 2017
Time: 10am to 2pm
124 E Washington Ave
Riverton, WY 82501
National Drive Electric Week Event - Riverton

Also I could use really use some help finding a location in Cody to place a couple of EV chargers, I would like to get them in before the event.