Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip EV Journalism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the vast majority of EVs out on our streets are not Teslas and the Supercharger network is not an accurate reflection of the state of the charging network in this country.
Vast majority of smartphones are not Apple. I think my point still stands. Supercharger network is a not insignificant proportion of the DC charging network in the UK. enough to be worthy of a mention I thought.

Reactions: spdpsba
Vast majority of smartphones are not Apple.
According to this, they are: Mobile Vendor Market Share United Kingdom | Statcounter Global Stats

Supercharger network is a not insignificant proportion of the DC charging network in the UK.
As I said before, it is for the majority of UK EV owners because the majority of them drive non-Teslas and the Supercharger network is not yet fully open to all. Once they are open to all then I would totally agree with what you are saying.

Panorama isn't the right platform for this sort of content, it doesn't need investigative journalism. An education approach would make a lot more sense. We all know you *can* make EVs work for you, but there is a learning curve. Otherwise people end up on an ecotricity charger, or an AC charger intended for park and ride usage, and report that it takes them 8 hours to charge
Did they mention
1) A Better Route Planner/Tesla's in-car navigation
2) Zap-map/Plugshare
?

It's fair enough to mention what a hassle it _can_ be, but I'd _always_ introduce the toolkit to people. The criticism is that they _need_ the toolkit.

According to this, they are: Mobile Vendor Market Share United Kingdom | Statcounter Global Stats

As I said before, it is for the majority of UK EV owners because the majority of them drive non-Teslas and the Supercharger network is not yet fully open to all. Once they are open to all then I would totally agree with what you are saying.
You couldn't let it go could you 🤣 thats up a bit from the last time I looked. I suppose I should not be surprised at how many people there are out there with too much money when I am on a Tesla forum

• Love
Reactions: Zilla91
Because the vast majority of the population has no experience of driving an EV, so it's a much more accurate reflection of what the reality would be like

If it was me, I'd assume it would be exactly the same as it would be south of the border. Unless anything has changed recently, you lot still haven't achieved independence yet
I find the “you lot” comment quite offensive. You have made a significant assumption about me to be so confident in placing me in a particular “lot”.

It has nothing to do with Scotland/England it is simply that there are significant differences of public charging in different parts of the UK. If I’m going to a different area of the UK I check out which charging companies are most prevalent and can therefore be prepared. England is not all the same in that regard. This is one of the reasons why someone with EV experience of such things would be a better choice as presenter.