Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #107 on eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NEWDL

R#350 R#1323, RWD LR 3, Perf3, 23 X LR (7th Tesla)
Jan 5, 2009
NE OHIO
Since this is just an owners area color screen shot it is hard to tell if this is real...but being that he/she knows the full vin it is possible that it is true...

eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 190293431796 end time Mar-20-09 11:48:47 PDT)

%21BObkrEQ%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBJuqH,3dgQ%7E%7E_1.JPG

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing. At the town hall meeting there were some unhappy owners who felt it would be be better to take delivery of the car and sell it rather than pull out. I wonder if we are seeing some of them, or just some folks hit too hard by the economy.

Any Roadster earlier than #210 was not impacted by the price issues. So I doubt anger is the reason for these two selling.

After waiting for two years and only driving a few hundred miles, I can only think it is for financial reasons. According to articles I am reading, the number of millionaires that have become "former" millionaires is about 30% of the total.

And if your business or profession is no longer bringing in $100,000+ per year, holding onto a Tesla Roadster might not be possible.

So if a few owners were stretching to get a Tesla Roadster, it is understandable that we will see some being sold soon after purchase.

I tell ya. these guys don't know how to auction. Start at $1.00. The momentum of bidding will make it go higher than starting at $125,000.00

If you are worried then put a (hidden) reserve at $125,000.00

I tell ya. these guys don't know how to auction. Start at $1.00. The momentum of bidding will make it go higher than starting at $125,000.00

If you are worried then put a (hidden) reserve at $125,000.00

Exactly. Just the thought of committing to $100,000+ right off the bat will put most people off, even if they could afford it. but seeing the number slowly creep up as you start getting emotionally invested in it, thinking the other guy might win... plus knowing that if other people are bidding on it, it feels safer. Eventually you'll commit to a number higher than you would have originally.

Not saying any of this is good for the buyer, but it just proves the potential addictive power of auctions :smile:

That said, I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could get it for the list price of a Roadster. :cool:

No bids. Didn't sell.
So much for the supposed $160K market value.
Perhaps that custom green is a "turn-off"?
Or ones with 500 miles on the ODO will fetch less than brand new ones?