Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2 ( formerly 2010 model )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He says do not lean on the door getting out of the Roadster or the door alignment will start to sink. Not good.

I have not figured out how to do this.

To get out I use the metal door latch on the left to help myself stand up. I hope that is safe. It seems rock solid.

Getting in I don't recall leaning on the door. I will be much more aware of it in the future though just in case.

I would imagine hooking the door could be a problem too, eventually.

I also don't quite have a picture of the aformentioned techniques.

I can get out without touch/leaning on the door, it's just even more awkward. I end up doing a double shift/shuffle with my initial left foot plant.

It must be stated that we are talking about ROOF ON. Easy peazy with the roof off.

Is it just commuting for work? Or something else that leads to 100+ miles per day?

Work is just shy of 50 miles one way, so I do about 100 miles a day on my commute. But I also have a second home in Sacramento (about 150 miles away) family in Stockton (about 120 miles away) and do lots of day trips (San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, etc) on the weekends where I supplement with public chargers.

Do you get the opportunity to recharge during the day? Or do you not need it because you are always under 150 miles of driving?

Will the RFMC be helping now during the day? Or not needed?

I can do my round-trip commute without being required to charge at work, but my work has recently put in more EV charging stations so I often plug in at work because I can. Depending on where I park I can use a NEMA 14-50 or a 14-30. If I park in some lesser spots I use an Edison plug or a L5-20.

Seat / steering wheel adjustment

No, unfortunately not. I have slight difficulties reading the speedo above 60 km/h, the rim of the steering wheel blocking the view. And i am not so tall (180 cm). Must be short legs and long back ; -).

An adjustable steering column would be very very nice, or a digital speedo.

No, unfortunately not. I have slight difficulties reading the speedo above 60 km/h, the rim of the steering wheel blocking the view. And i am not so tall (180 cm). Must be short legs and long back ; -).

An adjustable steering column would be very very nice, or a digital speedo.

I have the same issue and not that tall. I would like it if the gauges were flipped upside down. :smile:

I have the same issue and not that tall. I would like it if the gauges were flipped upside down. :smile:

If they had left the speedo on the right as it is on the 2008 model, I'd be able to see my speed. With it on the left, it's horrible. The speed dial is usually pointing upper left where I can't see it, and the kW dial is pointing upper right where I can't see it. It's exactly backwards.

By the way, the JVC radio has a mode that shows your speed as a digital readout. I use that screen as my speedo when I'm worried about keeping to the speed limit.

Oh, you meant top on... well... that's harder. I rarely ever have the top on, but as I recall, I've done it the same way, but with more ducking and weaving (being a boxer might be handy) of the head and shoulders :) I've tried getting both feet out before standing up too, which with top off doesn't seem as easy as one leg out, then stand up, but with top on, well it's awkward no matter what... I don't foresee getting much practice with the top on unless we move to somewhere colder and wetter.

For the owners with iPhones: I have been playing with the TomTom application which gives a speed readout as well (as certainly a dedicated GPS unit would as well). That coupled with the Casner iPhone mounting bracket makes for a reasonable additional speedometer for me.

I also played with REV, but could not get it to work properly with my OBDII adapter. If anyone gets it to work with the roadster, it probably would be an awesome extra speedometer (Their RPM screen as an example):

shot1_thumb.jpg

Last edited: