Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be quite a feed to take down the super cars if this includes the Rimac Nevera? Maybe he should just aim at taking down the Sappire with proper handling goodies and brakes in the roadster? That would be impressive still, no?

So what you all predict the msrp for the roadster? Wish they make a $90k 2 dr mid engine style sport car something that compeats with the entry level Corvettes.

You should go get coffee with this guy:

Call me skeptical, but I don’t believe him.
Elon likes attention. The 2020 Roadster is a marketing asset which has aged quite a bit while Elon milked some hefty amount of media attention from it. Elon is just trying to maximize the marketing return on investment from the couple of prototypes Tesla built. At best we'll get some staged video demo next year, akin to "Full Self Driving - driver only behind the wheel for legal reasons" video Elon unveiled in 2016. Elon, being a master showman, will extract as much media attention teasing it for a year as possible, though gotta tell you, after years of teasing bullshit, he's getting less and less attention from the world. How many times can you tell people their car is an appreciating asset which will drive their kids to school and make money driving for the Tesla Ride Share Network, before people just yawn and switch the channel?

Well, ChatGPT provides. Not sure if this is accurate. 0-60 in 1 second at 2.74G isn't that bad. 0.9 sec is 3G.

• Converting 60 mph to meters per second (m/s):
    • 60 mph ≈ 26.8224 m/s
  • Calculating acceleration (a) using the formula:
    • a = (v_f - v_i) / t
    • v_f (final velocity) = 26.8224 m/s
    • v_i (initial velocity) = 0 m/s
    • t (time taken) = 1 second
    • a = (26.8224 - 0) / 1 = 26.8224 m/s^2
  • Calculating G-forces (g) using the formula:
    • g = a / 9.8
    • a = 26.8224 m/s^2
    • g = 26.8224 / 9.8 ≈ 2.74 G
So, the human would feel approximately 2.74 G-forces during the acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in 1 second.

Reactions: phantasms
sometimes i thought i have to get refund
i booked at 2021 november 29,maybe almost last 5-10days(?)
also he stopped tweeting roadster without old roadster

and i wanted to buying other
but finally i’m happy now
haha but idk i would get car ,,,
1)i live in japan and new electric + jet car will get number plates or not ,in overseas of US
2)i have to pay extra + money order?i booked 125yen=1$ now 150yen=1$ someone having order in overseas of US?

thank u and sorry not good at eng

Attachments

• IMG_5058.png
    IMG_5058.png
    364.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: phantasms
None of us know if we’ll have to pay more. I would guess that almost certainly those who paid that large amount for the founders series won’t have to pay extra. People like myself who put the $50k down it’s hard to say. I paid while the price was still listed so I think maybe I have a chance. Those that paid the $50k after the price was removed I’d imagine will have to pay more.

Honestly I’m happy to finally hear something on the car. I had been looking at hybrid Supercars and that kind of thing. Now I’m content to just get the new M3P and wait for the Roadster. The 0-60 in under a second isn’t a great thing IMHO. I want a fun, fast, beautiful roadster. I’ve driven cars that were too fast for the road and it takes away from the driving pleasure. Perhaps I’ll just set it in chill. 😂

I set my FSD to either 80 or 85, depending on the speed of the rest of traffic in most states. Of course there are slowdowns even stops, but for the most part, I'm going 80+
Just don't hit 88 in the new 2020 roadster (with radicial new design goals) as that action will send you to 1985, and there are no charging stations there except level 1 and some 30 amp dryer plugs. Seeing as how it will take time travel to release the car on time so why not just build it in.

Just don't hit 88 in the new 2020 roadster (with radicial new design goals) as that action will send you to 1985, and there are no charging stations there except level 1 and some 30 amp dryer plugs. Seeing as how it will take time travel to release the car on time so why not just build it in.
Yeah but then I get to put all my money in MSFT, then roll into TSLA during Covid dip, then roll into NVDA during Halloween of 21.