Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know of a Roadster owner in the area who has received the battery upgrade. They are on this forum, but pretty much inactive. I'll encourage them to come online and report. But it's nice to know that it's not just 'Tesla-owned' Roadsters with the upgrade.

If she/he doesn't want to post Bonnie, would you please be able to grab a photo of the VDS showing 340 miles or whatever next time you meet up? And any useful info about what else was involved in the upgrade? Thanks.

A photo would be nice, but just getting an owner report of "XXX ideal miles at least 10 minutes after the completion of a range mode charge" would be a huge step forward. In fact, I'd prefer that to a photo since a photo might have been taken immediately after the range mode charge completed when the reading can be artificially high or low.

I totally trust Bonnie and by association any owner she trusts.

Eventually, we'll want:

- photo of a screen showing range mode ideal miles, just for the fun factor
- a log file from which we can read CAC and calculate internal resistance
- a report on how a v3 ideal mile compares to an original pack ideal mile
- reports from v3 owners in the Plug In America Roadster Owner Survey

If I drive at a steady 57 mph on level road in moderate weather, I get one actual mile per ideal mile. How does that compare to a v3 pack driven the same way?

I'd love to have all this information. I suspect we'll end up getting it from another owner. :) I'm not feeling 'disbelieved', it's all good. Of course we're all dying for more info here. It's big news for Roadster owners. "Throw us a bone, dammit!"

To be clear - I heard it from someone else (who I also trust) & subsequently sent the Roadster owner an email, asking him to come discuss. I don't mean to be cryptic, it's just a privacy thing. My info is def second hand. I will, however, likely see this owner in about three weeks & I will get whatever info I can get. :)

@bonnie - Please don't forget to ask if his battery was replaced because his old one died, or if he just ordered the upgrade.

If the first, I would understand that Tesla first wants to help the people with a failing battery, to get them back on the road.
If the latter, there are several owners over here that ordered the pack the day it was released. Then they shouldn't have to wait much longer.

@bonnie - Please don't forget to ask if his battery was replaced because his old one died, or if he just ordered the upgrade.

If the first, I would understand that Tesla first wants to help the people with a failing battery, to get them back on the road.
If the latter, there are several owners over here that ordered the pack the day it was released. Then they shouldn't have to wait much longer.

I'm pretty sure his old one died a few months ago, but I obviously have limited info right now. I wish I had more information to share. I'll get as much as I can when I see him.

In a phone call with my local Tesla service today, they asked me if I was really interested in the battery upgrade, I confirmed, and they told me they will come back to me with more information about availability.

Also if you can, hit them up with how much more the 3.0 pack weighs vs. the original Roadster pack. I still cannot believe this info is not available and only had a generic response of saying it will weigh more.... Its very important for knowing the impact and adjustments needed if any to your suspension. Thanks!

I know of a Roadster owner in the area who has received the battery upgrade. They are on this forum, but pretty much inactive. I'll encourage them to come online and report. But it's nice to know that it's not just 'Tesla-owned' Roadsters with the upgrade.

I own TSLA stock but I don't own a roadster... is it weird that I'm more excited about this than the Q4 conference call?

Yeah... yeah, it's weird