Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rock Chip in Glass Rood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just barely 72hrs into ownership and less than 200 miles driven, on my way home I hear the unmistakable thunk of a rock hitting glass.

It hit on the leading edge of the sunroof.

It seems like its not going anywhere as its about a dime size half of a bullseye.

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket...

Nice way to end what was a good weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 113
Oh what bad luck. I feel for you as a new owner ourselves. I will say that you are not the first person I have heard of having this happen to them. You might want to search for rock chip and roof to see what other posts have been made. Possibly someone on one of the other threads has some advice on what to do. I think someone mention repair cost on theirs and maybe insurance coverage.

Ouch. That's a terrible place to take a hit... there's not much they can do to it on the edge of the panel like that.

I took a hit to my all-glass roof a couple months in, had an auto glass place come out and they repaired it the same way they would a windshield, injecting some resin to keep the crack from spreading. Holding up well so far.