Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof - Windshield glass surface mismatch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 LR AWD only 10 days. While washing it this weekend, I noticed a bit of mismatch from windshield to roof glass. It's fine at Driver's side, but a bit pronounced at Passenger side. both images included.
Anyone hear of or see something like this? i'm wondering if Tesla will roll their eyes at me over this. My guess is the roof glass panel isn't seated, if that's possible.
No water got in during the car wash (LOL). so I guess that's a good sign.
The level was used only because it was the nearest thing to a straight edge I had to illustrate this.

Attachments

• Tesla Passenger side glass mismatch.jpg
    Tesla Passenger side glass mismatch.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Tesla Driver side glass no mismatch.jpg
    Tesla Driver side glass no mismatch.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 131
The Tesla Service Center in Rockville, MD replaced the windshield and rooftop fixed glass panel (fixed glass is the nomenclature for that part) on 4/29. My wife had to go pick up the car. I didn't drive it on the highway for a few days after pickup. Then, when I did, I noticed that they definitely caused several snags in the defrost diffuser mesh fabric at the front of the edge of the dash. (I did have mobile service out in early May to replace the defrost diffuser due to the snags.) And, I think that I hear more wind noise on occasion when driving on highways. I'm not absolutely certain that there is more noise. But, thankfully there's still no water leak.
I had mobile service out the other day and asked the technician about the perceived wind noise. He said, if I'm certain I want to pursue it, he believes service centers can do an ultrasonic test on the adhesive bead around the glass while running water on it. Evidently, this is something they had to do years ago for some Model S problems.
I'm going on a road trip in early July. If that trip convinces me that I've got an air leak/wind noise problem, I'll try to go the ultrasonic test route.

Mine is similar, maybe even worse, October 2018 build, #104xxx. Passenger side raised, driver side flat. I can't tell if there's more noise, but it would be a suspect spot, obviously, if there was, given how it sticks up into the airflow. No water intrusion that I can tell. I've never contacted the SC about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0860 (1).jpg
    IMG_0860 (1).jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 71