Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rough "SeekingAlpha.com" Model 3/Tesla Blog Piece. Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like everyone said, it's Seeking Alpha, which tends to be polar, negative in this case.

In terms of the post on the Tesla forums, my guess is that the employee supplier/source the OP spoke to was more likely than not rehashing gossip they had already heard during a company meeting about Tesla reducing their parts order, which is the body welding stuff that went around a month or so ago.

Granted, it's possible that someone from Tesla was actually on a call with their Bamboo laminate/rearview mirror/windshield washer bottle/etc supplier, and decided to fill them on all the issues they're having welding bodies, even that supplier has nothing to do with it, but probably not.

Given the OP's decidedly risk averse nature, I'm guessing he took watercooler talk as insider information.

Reactions: Runt8
The need for Tesla to avoid 25% import tariff? Not even a story. Just trying to create negative press out of nothing.

They are building a factory in china not to export to the USA, but to sell exclusively to China and asia. To gain a foothold in China's huge EV market

"Fire bad, fire not make good anything, only pain for hand when put in! Also danger for cave and hunt stick!"

"Wheel? Wheel never good. Make stuff go too much fast! Wheel BAD. Maker of wheel lose all pile of rocks"

"Stick with string? No! Stick only. String only! No one want stick with string!! Also, only work if also have stick with feather! NO ONE WANT! "

- Prehistoric Seeking Alpha
:rolleyes:

Does anyone else find it just a tad suspicious that Tesla doesn't tell anyone anything (I mean seriously) and then they are going to blab to a supplier for part "Z" their innermost secrets... that they are having trouble welding? I mean really?

If they are under the assumption the supplier will not leak out NDA'd info to the public, I don't find it suspicious at all. Plus, if you're telling a supplier that orders for parts and equipment are being slashed immensely, you better have a good explanation besides "well....bottlenecks!".

Not all the authors are shorts. Some are longs, and some have no position. I personally think its a great site for those who appreciate contrarian views. Given inherent biases in many of the authors articles, both long and short, all of it needs to be read with a discerning eye. Heck, same thing on the Tesla fan forums and also Electrek since we're all generally biased positively towards Tesla.