TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Rt 3 to Cape Cod - HW2 Autopilot speed limit?

Discussion in 'New England' started by xsi123, Apr 2, 2017.

1. xsi123

xsi123 Member

With the latest update 8.1 (17.11.3) that removes the 55mph on highways, anybody knows if Rt 3 is one of the roads that the limit is removed?

Thanks

2. xsi123

xsi123 Member

(Answering my own question here)

Up to Sagamore bridge, there is no limit on the autopilot speed (up to 80mph). After the bridge, you are limited to 35mph

3. Jurnimon

Jurnimon Member

So for AP2 Rte. 6 the max is 35 mph even thought the speed limit is 50?

4. David29

David29 Member

Where did the limit change? If I recall correctly, the speed limit on the bridge itself is 40 or 45, so if you were coming from freeway on the mainland, the car should have reduced speed to a maximum of 5 mph over the posted limit, assuming that AP2 works the way AP1 does in that situation.

5. xsi123

xsi123 Member

I had to Supercharge so I didn't pass the bridge on autopilot (exited before the bridge). When I passed the bridge then autopilot would not activate over 35mph.

Having said that, this was pre-17.17.4 update. Now, with the new firmware it should not be an issue as AP2 limits are much higher.