Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Run-away I-PACE, really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AND..... Another one happens!

Summarised below:

Dispute over Car Accident Involving Andrew Key's Jaguar E-Pace and Other Vehicles

1. Jaguar E-Pace Accident:
- Andrews Jaguar E-Pace reversed at speed into a parked Porsche and then collided with a Tesla, causing a chain reaction with a parked Mercedes.
- Although Andrew claims a brake failure, Jaguar disputes this and states the vehicle had no issues.

2. Incident Details:
- Andrew mentioned that the car unexpectedly reversed at speed, mounting a Porsche Boxster and then crashing into a Tesla Model Y.
- Andrew also stated that he hit the brakes, but the car continued to move forward, leading to the collision.

3. Dispute with Jaguar:
- Andrew reported the incident to Jaguar, who conducted an investigation and alleged that the fault was due to him hitting the accelerator, which he denies.
- He expressed dissatisfaction with the response from Jaguar's head office and emphasized his previous safe driving record.

4. Police Involvement:
- The police confirmed no injuries in the crash and issued a penalty notice to Andrew for a driving offence.
- Jaguar disputes Andrew's claims of a faulty collision avoidance system, citing the results of their investigation.

Conclusion - Don't by a Jag, Or just blame all electric cars. But it's never the drivers fault........or is it, First time for everything.

Sounds rather like the car was in neutral with the accelerator pedal floored/malfunctioning then reverse selected then drive selected.

At the beginning of the clip there doesn’t even look like any need to move the car.

Interesting that the driver admits to attending hospital for cognition/seizure checks.

AND..... Another one happens!

Summarised below:

Dispute over Car Accident Involving Andrew Key's Jaguar E-Pace and Other Vehicles

1. Jaguar E-Pace Accident:
- Andrews Jaguar E-Pace reversed at speed into a parked Porsche and then collided with a Tesla, causing a chain reaction with a parked Mercedes.
- Although Andrew claims a brake failure, Jaguar disputes this and states the vehicle had no issues.

2. Incident Details:
- Andrew mentioned that the car unexpectedly reversed at speed, mounting a Porsche Boxster and then crashing into a Tesla Model Y.
- Andrew also stated that he hit the brakes, but the car continued to move forward, leading to the collision.

3. Dispute with Jaguar:
- Andrew reported the incident to Jaguar, who conducted an investigation and alleged that the fault was due to him hitting the accelerator, which he denies.
- He expressed dissatisfaction with the response from Jaguar's head office and emphasized his previous safe driving record.

4. Police Involvement:
- The police confirmed no injuries in the crash and issued a penalty notice to Andrew for a driving offence.
- Jaguar disputes Andrew's claims of a faulty collision avoidance system, citing the results of their investigation.

Conclusion - Don't by a Jag, Or just blame all electric cars. But it's never the drivers fault........or is it, First time for everything.
That's an E-Pace, not an i-Pace.. so an ICE car! Nothing relevant to EVs here... (might be a mild hybrid but not sure it's relevant). Interesting.

Reactions: MrBadger and thax1
Sounds rather like the car was in neutral with the accelerator pedal floored/malfunctioning then reverse selected then drive selected.

At the beginning of the clip there doesn’t even look like any need to move the car.
I'm guessing he panicked, press the accelerator accidentally causing the car to slightly moves (twitches). This then causes him to slam the same pedal down thinking its the brake (which ends up being the accelerator) and this causes the car to shoot off in reverse. Now he is really panicking and the pushes the stick/shifter into Drive and press the Accelerator, but while its off the ground its doing nothing. The car slides down catching the road and shoots off forward and smashes into the Tesla.

I rest my case. Case closed!

Reactions: MadManMark
The fault mainly lies with the press quoting the driver's fairy tales like it's fact and then headlining it with a clickbaity title.
It's not a "Rogue Jaguar" it's a "Stupid Jaguar Owner".

Also, what went wrong in JLR so they called the 'E'lectric car i-Pace and the 'I'CE car E-Pace?