Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do an image search for Victory Salute. About 1/4 of the images are people holding a single hand with a fist up.

Did you get a translation of what he said? It was probably something along the lines of "We did it, we kicked them out".

The guy parading with the Ukranian flag didn't say anything that I could discern. It sounds like you're looking at the photo of Rogozin with his fist up. He has definitely given the Nazi salute at white supremacist rallies in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Another article from NPR:

Ukrainian soldiers who helped liberate Kherson describe relief, joy and apprehension

Ukrainian soldiers said they forced the Russians out of this part of the Kherson region by cutting off their ammunition and food and backing their forces up against the Dnieper River. "We pretty much denied those troops their supply chains," says Stanislav Volovyk, a Ukrainian drone operator who helps guide the fire of howitzers. "We blew up the bridges. We got their supply routes under fire control with HIMARS and artillery."
[...] Volovyk says that without access to their supplies, the Russians had little choice but to withdraw to the other side of the river. "Otherwise it was just going to be a matter of time before we pretty much killed them all," he said.

I very much doubt the Russians need CNN footage to know that there are celebratory parades/gatherings happening in Kherson.
Well Zelenskyy was in Kherson and there was no report of reprisal.

Well Zelenskyy was in Kherson and there was no report of reprisal.

Yes, having the president and the press in Kherson sends a strong message that it has been permanently liberated. At the same time, I'm sure precautions were taken, and Zelensky didn't linger in any one spot for very long.

Ukraine didn't take any time crossing the Dnieper. Not clear if they are just doing a big raid or establishing a presence.

They will likely have artillery support from the opposite shore, but without heavy equipment it's going to be hard for them to push very hard. I guess if nothing else it anchors a bunch of Russian troops in the west which prevents them from shifting all of their forces to a defensive line near Melitipol.

Allegedly...

Credit goes to (in Swedish):

Last edited:
Allegedly:

And again – credit goes to (in Swedish):

Allegedly...

Credit goes to (in Swedish):
Video I posted is quite a ways from there on the river’s outlet.

Possibly means 2 bridgeheads which suggests Russian presence is very weak.

(As an aside: Do they use the "left bank"/"right bank" terminology because they are viewing it from a Kiev/Moscow vantage point? Because looking at the area on a normal map where North is North and South is South, it seems like they've got it reversed...)
It relates to the direction of water flow. If you are floating downstream, left bank is on your left hand side. Since rivers wind in and out so much, saying north bank and south bank can often be confusing.

It relates to the direction of water flow. If you are floating downstream, left bank is on your left hand side. Since rivers wind in and out so much, saying north bank and south bank can often be confusing.

You'd think that living on the banks of the Mississippi River for 20+ years, I'd know that. But we always referred to "the Illinois side" or "the Iowa side". :D

You'd think that living on the banks of the Mississippi River for 20+ years, I'd know that. But we always referred to "the Illinois side" or "the Iowa side". :D
I don’t think the term is used much, particularly not in places where a simpler East/ West designation makes sense. But if you look at the Dnieper, it switches from being mostly north/ south to mostly east/ west a bit northwest of Melitipol which makes it confusing.

Wonder where neo-nazism in Eastern Europe came from?...

Here's the former Director General of Roscosmos Dimitri Rogozin at Neo-Nazi rallies in Russia (see below)...

A Russian 'intelligence agency' operation anyone?... Could there have been some sort of plan here?...
Before jumping into conspiracy theories, perhaps you should ask the Director General of Ukrainian Jewish committee (and have a browse through his timeline 😬😬😬)

A visual of the 2 possible unconfirmed beachheads. Slight correction to what I said above, the western beachhead is not on the Dnipro at all, it’s at the mouth of the gulf. Makes me wonder if there are more beachheads.

1668462279745.png

Starting to think they put the full scale attack on Kherson on hold until they were prepared to do this assault immediately after, before Russia had a chance to prepare their defenses. Big question is how do they get heavy equipment across. Artillery support can come from the north shore, but they will need tanks and heavy equipment to push this attack forward much.

I think everyone assumed Ukraine would be making their attack in the east. Also, I think people expected Ukraine to consolidate their success before making another big move. This sort of immediate follow up is very aggressive.

This is… pretty damned smart if it succeeds. Ukraine has done a lot of crazy/ bold moves, this seems like another one.