Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, scrambling the jets is not confirmation of the source of the explosion. The photo is clearly staged. That is also separate from the explosion, although it tries to create a different impression in the minds of the uninitiated. That's the surest sign of PsyOps at play. SSDD.
I don’t agree that the photo was necessarily staged.

If the missile buried itself before exploding, there wouldn’t necessarily be a huge fireball.

Not saying it’s legit either. Just don’t agree that it was 100% staged.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Here's Przewodów, 50 miles from Lviv and 50 from Lutsk.

And closest missile strikes have been in Lviv and Lutsk in Oct to destroy power plants.

View attachment 874935
Russian missile gets hit with Ukrainian anti-aircraft fire. Damaged but not destroyed. Hard to predict where it would end up. Or just… Russian missile guidance system is fubar from the factory and misses destination by 100 km is also possible. Considering the amount of munitions Russia has put in the air, this isn’t super surprising.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don’t agree that the photo was necessarily staged.

If the missile buried itself before exploding, there wouldn’t necessarily be a huge fireball.

Not saying it’s legit either. Just don’t agree that it was 100% staged.

I had a 105 mm HE shell explode 5 m in front of a trench back in '86. Would you like to see a picture of the damage to the Iltis jeep that was parked 50 m behind the trench?

TL;dr That wagon was moved into that position after the detonation that made that crater.

I had a 105 mm HE shell explode 5 m in front of a trench back in '86. Would you like to see a picture of the damage to the Iltis jeep that was parked 50 m behind the trench?

TL;dr That wagon was moved into that position after the detonation that made that crater.
That was ordinance exploding as it was designed to explode.

This is clearly not something which happened as designed. It could be an anti-aircraft missile launched from an S-300 which lawn darted into the turf.

The big question in my mind is who would want this situation to escalate right now? Poland? Why would Poland want to escalate when Ukraine is being so successful at the moment. NATO has carefully kept this as a proxy war so they could inflict maximum damage on Russia without a larger engagement. What benefit does NATO/ Poland gain from a false flag/ provocation here?

So perhaps Ukrainian saboteurs staged it to draw NATO in? Seems like an equally dubious proposition. That would be a huge risk to Ukraine’s gravy train of munitions and support.

Which leaves…. Russian provocateurs? Almost seems the most likely here. To date Russia has a large number of idiots who think nuclear war is a great idea maybe one of them wants escalation.

Personally, I still think some random piece of Russian military hardware is the most likely explanation. We know beyond a doubt that their missiles are incredibly inaccurate, we’ve seen them impact inside Russias own borders before.

I can add that the Norwegian Foreign Minister has said that this missile launch is a serious incident, but she is waiting for more information. Similarily Swedish military press secretary says they are prepared for any eventuality.

So there's no doubt in my mind this might quickly escalate into something more serious.

The russians are saying this wasn't them, but they said the same thing about Nordstrom so I'm not sure how much weight their word carries.

Supposedly this isn't clear enough intent to classify as an article 5 breach under NATO rules. But I'm curious how this turns out.

Some suggesting NATO Article 4 will be invoked.

1668549626603.png

Thread from Phillips O’Brien below. Seems logical.

If what hit Poland was a burned out rocket motor or some other debris without a warhead, the impact would create a crater from kinetic energy, but would not cause much of a blast. The hay wagon looks like it got a bit scorched so there was some fire. It may have been some residual fuel left in the rocket motor that burned on impact, or the motor was still smoldering when it hit.

People hurt on the surface from falling fragments of anti-aircraft weapons is not new. In the "Battle of Los Angeles" in 1942 when somebody thought the city was under attack and antiaircraft guns all over the area shot into the sky for an hour or so, there was a lot of damage on the ground from fragments of falling AA shells and some people were hurt.

Injuries on USN ships from AA shell fragments during air attacks were common too.

An S-300 is a large missile, it's going to rain down some pretty large chunks of itself when it's done its job.

We'll probably know more in the coming days.