Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Others on that spaces are definitely not Putin apologists.
Too bad Malcom Nance left the session an hour or so ago, but these guys are now all trying to rationalize the thinking of murderous lunatics. The one guy sounds like he reached orgasm because Putler seems to have gotten out of this without eating cyanide or falling out of a window in his bunker, by caving in to Prigoszhin.

Too bad Malcom Nance left the session an hour or so ago, but these guys are now all trying to rationalize the thinking of murderous lunatics. The one guy sounds like he reached orgasm because Putler seems to have gotten out of this without eating cyanide or falling out of a window in his bunker, by caving in to Prigoszhin.

Moscow Holds!

Moscow Holds.png

/S

Anyone have the link to Prigozhin's official telegram account? The one that had the screenshot above, people have reported to be fake. But the mainstream media including CNN says there is an official one where there is an audio recording of him saying his troops will reverse course, but predictably they don't actually link to the account, so no way to verify.

Edit: I found it in this article unrelated to the current situation:
Russian warlord Prigozhin to POLITICO: Get me F-35 fighter jets

There does appear to be an audio statement, but no written one. I guess they did reach a compromise, probably along the lines of what was originally requested.

Last edited:
I had to leave after the long blather about how great Twitter Spaces is as well as all of the guest speakers. :)

Otherwise very interesting. Sounds like Prigohzin and Wagner live another day and head north to protect the Belarus/Poland/Ukraine area border.
So you missed them proclaim the Prime Minister of Pakistan as one of the most powerful leaders in the world because they had done an interview with him while the Russian special coup was starting. These people just like to hear themselves babble.

Um. I'm kind of wondering. Wagner group says a whole bunch of people were killed by a Russian Military attack. But others have said that Nothing Actually Happened. And then there's Wagner heading north, all sorts of interesting pictures, and claims of aircraft being shot down.

And now it's (supposedly) all over.

Could this have been a fake-out, to get the Ukrainians to attack and overextend themselves? Was anybody actually killed in this exercise?

Um. I'm kind of wondering. Wagner group says a whole bunch of people were killed by a Russian Military attack. But others have said that Nothing Actually Happened. And then there's Wagner heading north, all sorts of interesting pictures, and claims of aircraft being shot down.

And now it's (supposedly) all over.

Could this have been a fake-out, to get the Ukrainians to attack and overextend themselves? Was anybody actually killed in this exercise?
If this was a 4D chess move, then it's an extremely humiliating one for Putin and the Russian army. As such I doubt it was.

Note, it could still be true Wagner over exaggerated what happened as a justification for the advance north, just saying that the possiblity the primary motivation was to dupe the Ukrainians is very dubious.

Not an ounce of blood spilled and you lot couldn't look away 😂

100% theatrics, I would assume because Ru was making some sort of move within The Ukraine they wanted to distract from.

If you actually believed Russia struck its own forces with missiles and killed 2,000 soldiers you need to log off. Of course according to @wdolson Ru should have been out of ammunition, artillery shells, & rockets, and the war was supposed to end with Ru retreating almost a year ago. 😂

Anyone having a tiny wee bit of PPCD – Post-Prigozhin Coup Depression?

Any funny coup memes out there?
I have no memes for you but here is a video by Anders Puck Nielsen that explain how this attack was devastating for Putin (and great news for Ukraine). No need to be depressed. This may well be the beginning of the end of Putin's misadventure in Ukraine.

Wagner attack was devastating for Putin

What the Wagner Group is doing here is the ultimate expression of what it means to bring the war home to Russia. This is fantastic new for Ukraine. The Wagner group will probably never be fighting again for Russia against Ukraine.
[...] Putin has to prioritize keeping the power in Russia [...] the war in Ukraine will just have to wait because keeping the power in Russia is more important.

Not an ounce of blood spilled and you lot couldn't look away 😂
Just an army rushing toward Moscow in record pace is already enough for the popcorn to come out, especially the declaration that he is a traitor and then now apparently no consequences despite the promise of them. The show obviously isn't over, as there is no way Putin can ever trust Prigozhin again and vice versa.

I highly doubt even the pro-Russians looked away from the developments.
100% theatrics, I would assume because Ru was making some sort of move within The Ukraine they wanted to distract from.
The only people I have seen seriously suggesting this is a Russian 4D chess move against Ukraine are Russian shills trying to whitewash the incident. But as noted up thread way before the latest developments, even someone like me from the outside could easily see there was no major troop movement out of Ukraine, so it makes sense for Ukrainians to first observe. I highly doubt the Ukrainians having even better front line visibility would be blind to this.

So there was nothing at all gained on the Russian side in terms of the war in Ukraine, while instead there is complete humiliation of Putin and the MOD. The cost to benefit does not calculate out for this to be a 4D chess move.

Instead the only reasonable explanation I have seen for the move is the deadline for military contractors to sign contracts with the MOD before July 1. That would threaten Prigozhin's control of his army and this is his answer to that. However, if it is true he really just gives up control anyways after this move, I don't see a very good future for him (I guess he should avoid all windows and be careful of any food/drinks or items that he might touch).
If you actually believed Russia struck its own forces with missiles and killed 2,000 soldiers you need to log off. Of course according to @wdolson Ru should have been out of ammunition, artillery shells, & rockets, and the war was supposed to end with Ru retreating almost a year ago. 😂