Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Kremlin says it insists on neutrality for Ukraine
  • Russia "will finish" demilitarisation of the country
  • Wants Kyiv to recognise breakaway regions, loss of Crimea

These were the demands from Putin as of this Monday. The only question I have is what does “demilitarization” mean? If this translates into the Ukraine not being allowed to have a standing army that it trains and improves over time, that is unacceptable as Russia cannot be trusted in the future.

However, if Russia and Ukraine can agree as to how to move forward on that particular point, then the Ukraine should agree to the other terms as soon as possible and stop the destruction of their country and the killing of their people. As bitter as it is, the reality is that the Russian army will never be expelled by the Ukrainians alone from the Crimea and the separatist “republics”. In addition, the Russians will almost certainly win in the short term. The fact that Russia cannot prevail in the long term is no solace at all for the corpses that will litter the ground.

It is utter insanity for the Russian and Ukrainian people to be murdering each other. They are cousins. I do not excuse the warmongering Putin, but if this stopped today countless people that are destined to die in the next few days will instead live. This is a priceless victory for the people on both sides.

If Russia is willing to agree to an independent, neutral Ukraine that is allowed to defend itself in the future then Zelenskyy must agree.

These military snuff films are going on the whole next level, they've added dramatic music too..

Key point to think is why are we even seeing this? It's been filmed by a drone, so this attack has been planned so that filming us possible.. call it white propaganda? So they have good intel on where to ambush.

Nevertheless, the guys shooting those anti-tank weapons have balls of steel.

Here's an update on Western corporations still doing business in Russia:

Hotel chains, construction equipment manufacturers, food suppliers and pharma topped the list initially.
Even Deutschebank, the ultimate scumbags, have now committed to leave Russia.

These military snuff films are going on the whole next level, they've added dramatic music too..

Key point to think is why are we even seeing this? It's been filmed by a drone, so this attack has been planned so that filming us possible.. call it white propaganda? So they have good intel on where to ambush.

Nevertheless, the guys shooting those anti-tank weapons have balls of steel.

When it is your home, you must have balls of steel.

If these guys could get just a little more coordinated they could take out 3-4 of those tanks at a time in a column like that.

These were the demands from Putin as of this Monday. The only question I have is what does “demilitarization” mean? If this translates into the Ukraine not being allowed to have a standing army that it trains and improves over time, that is unacceptable as Russia cannot be trusted in the future.

However, if Russia and Ukraine can agree as to how to move forward on that particular point, then the Ukraine should agree to the other terms as soon as possible and stop the destruction of their country and the killing of their people. As bitter as it is, the reality is that the Russian army will never be expelled by the Ukrainians alone from the Crimea and the separatist “republics”. In addition, the Russians will almost certainly win in the short term. The fact that Russia cannot prevail in the long term is no solace at all for the corpses that will litter the ground.

It is utter insanity for the Russian and Ukrainian people to be murdering each other. They are cousins. I do not excuse the warmongering Putin, but if this stopped today countless people that are destined to die in the next few days will instead live. This is a priceless victory for the people on both sides.

If Russia is willing to agree to an independent, neutral Ukraine that is allowed to defend itself in the future then Zelenskyy must agree.
I do believe a deal needs to be done. I think the Ukrainians need to make a massive offensive push outside of Kiev, trapping the Russian military and destroy lots of their equipment first to have more leverage.

I think Zelensky should concede to the regions that are no longer under his control since 2014, however should never agree to demilitarisation because that would be nonsense. He should also agree to not join Nato. Putin needs an exit ramp asap before he flattens the city of Kiev which will be a disaster in a humanitarian standpoint. Zelensky pretty much already won because Russia after this will fade into chaos as their economy will collapse in any moment. So continuation will just lead to more death with no additional benefits for Ukrainians. Russia will come out of this WAY worst than prior to going in on a seismic level. The country is so F-ed I honestly don't even know how Putin can deal with it. A modern economy is built on a house of cards, and when huge trauma hits like 350 foreign companies move out all at once, the next thing we will see would be mass unemployment and social unrest. North Korea right now is stronger than Russia by an order of magnitude. Like it's really about to descent into chaos.

Last edited:

I have seen Ukrainian twitter posts claim that the historical relationship butween Russia and Ukraine is more like a relationship between a rapist and their victim.

In many places the people live happily side-by-side, but the Russian government has comitted many atrocities against Ukraine over the years.

Russia wants to cap and weaken their army, making them susceptible to future threats and fake insurgencies.

That is the one thing Ukraine should not trade off.

Otherwise try to reach a compromise on all other issues.

Putin needs to abandon his long held dream of rebuilding the USSR.

Putin is starting to soften his language and may soon be prepared to meet Zelensky.

When it is your home, you must have balls of steel.

If these guys could get just a little more coordinated they could take out 3-4 of those tanks at a time in a column like that.

After the war I expect that we will learn Ukraine had very good intelligence on were Russian forces are.

I've seen claims Ukraine intelligence is 1 day ahead of US intelligence.

Simply being brave isn't enough, you need to be smart, well organised, composed, strategic, flexible and determined. The Ukrainians tick all of these boxes.

I have seen Ukrainian twitter posts claim that the historical relationship butween Russia and Ukraine is more like a relationship between a rapist and their victim.

In many places the people live happily side-by-side, but the Russian government has comitted many atrocities against Ukraine over the years.

Russia wants to cap and weaken their army, making them susceptible to future threats and fake insurgencies.

That is the one thing Ukraine should not trade off.

Otherwise try to reach a compromise on all other issues.

Putin needs to abandon his long held dream of rebuilding the USSR.

Putin is starting to soften his language and may soon be prepared to meet Zelensky.
I don't think he will ever meet Zelensky. He needs to continue to treat Zelensky as an illegitimate leader. He must go back to his people saying how he got rid of the nazis, saved his Russian people from being annihilated in Crimea and the Donbas region. Ends his speech with "Glory to mother Russia" or whatever.

But no one cares, Russia is no longer part of the world. They can glory all they want as no one in the world pick up Putin's phone call ever again.
As long as Putin is in power, Russians will be stained where they go. No one wants to do business with a mass murderer. Get rid of Putin and maybe the world would establish some kind of connection with Russia again.

I do believe a deal needs to be done. I think the Ukrainians need to make a massive offensive push outside of Kiev, trapping the Russian military and destroy lots of their equipment first to have more leverage.

I think Zelensky should concede to the regions that are no longer under his control since 2014, however should never agree to demilitarisation because that would be nonsense. He should also agree to not join Nato. Putin needs an exit ramp asap before he flattens the city of Kiev which will be a disaster in a humanitarian standpoint. Zelensky pretty much already won because Russia after this will fade into chaos as their economy will collapse in any moment. So continuation will just lead to more death with no additional benefits for Ukrainians. Russia will come out of this WAY worst than prior to going in on a seismic level. The country is so F-ed I honestly don't even know how Putin can deal with it. A modern economy is built on a house of cards, and when huge trauma hits like 350 foreign companies move out all at once, the next thing we will see would be mass unemployment and social unrest. North Korea right now is stronger than Russia by an order of magnitude. Like it's really about to descent into chaos.
Zelenskiy can agree to whatever he likes because Putin has now dragged forward Russia's post-oil demise by like 10 years. Even if he recognizes some semi-Russian territory, it can always be taken back 2 years from now when Putin is either dead or exiled and Russia has crumbled.

A handshake agreement to fast track EU membership is the way to go. Get that taken care of in the back room, then an exit can be patched together that Putin will accept.

Might as well "agree" to it, end the war, and completely ignore it and get armed to the teeth. What is Putin going to do, try another failed invasion?
Haha, true. However if there's seizure of weapons then it's a no go. Russia can turn around and topple the government after seizure leaving everyone defenseless. You can't trust anything that Putin says.

I dunno…”must agree” is a bit…much IMO.

And it’s easy to have these theoretical discussions from the safety of our homes outside that war zone.

Haha, true. However if there's seizure of weapons then it's a no go. Russia can turn around and topple the government after seizure leaving everyone defenseless. You can't trust anything that Putin says.
Of course but how is Putin in any position to seize anything? He'll be lucky to get what's left of his own forces out of the country.

68cnfo.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: DanCar