Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got a good summary? Gave up after Putin started rambling about Russian history, that guy needs to get some real friends...
I don't think Putin came across well. His demeanor was reasonable, but he didn't seem to have any cogent answers as to what Russia's end game is other than killing so-called Nazis in Ukraine.

I thought Tucker did a good job and asked pointed questions and had some strong follow-ups. Certainly was not a suck-up interview. At times Tucker was basically challenging "why don't you just stop the war?" Tucker also pressed Putin pretty hard the the WSJ reporter that is locked up.

Anyone got a good summary? Gave up after Putin started rambling about Russian history, that guy needs to get some real friends...

Haven't seen it myself, but Denys Davydov has one on his other channel. Guessing that it's probably a good summary. You can find it here:

EDIT: My bad. It's not up yet. The vid I thought was a summery is instead about his previously released 'teaser'... But Denys said that he will watch the interview with the Russian Dictator and then post a video about it on this second channel. So in X amount of hours then...

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel
I have listened to 30min. Putin is totally running over Tucker, I think Tucker came there hoping to show that Putin was a reasonable guy that the western mainstream media misunderstands, but quickly realized that all the tales about how isolated, deluded, ruthless, narcissistic etc Putin is were true.

That being said, I found that Putin at least had a lot of valid criticism of Western geopolitics over the last century.

I have finished the interview. The first 40min history lecture made Putin feel like a bully. Then it got a lot better with Putin seeming more reasonable. The second half Putin basically confirmed the Elon/Sacks story, seemed very gentleman in that he mostly stated what he had said and told Tucker to ask the other side what they said.

I came away with more respect for Putin. I doubt that Biden would do a ~3h interview with a Russian Journalist... Does Biden even do unstructured talks with anyone anymore?

A lot of the detail Putin gave should be easy to fact check/correct. I found some minor errors such as Indonesias population, but I think that was an honest mistake. The story he tells is ofc his side of the story, but a lot of it makes sense and there should be pretty easy to disprove it if he is lying and not to hard to verify if it's true.

I think I and many others have dismissed Putin as semi-mad. But he seems very lucid and knowledgable, dangerous in the sense that he is good at winning debates. Think Putin will gain a lot of deserved and undeserved respect among republicans for this interview.

567e22e07f023551-480.avif

Good analysis of how it went:

Reactions: navguy12
Good analysis of how it went:

I got to ~07.23 when Cenk said this "So, I think Russia has a legitimate concern about Nato encroaching on it's border. [..."

And then that woman whatever her name is starts going all 'both sides'...

WTF?(!)...

What "Russia"? There is no Russia! There's only the Russian Dictator and the minions in his Military Dictatorship.

I'm going to wait for something better. It's not going to be difficult to beat that dung.

What Elon/Sacks story?

David Sacks is one of the people from Elon's time at Paypal. He's been close buddies with Peter Thiel, another Paypal alum, for years. Peter Thiel has been very active in Republican politics for some time. Sacks and Thiel were very active with their political views when they were at Stanford. They co-wrote a book called The Diversity Myth.

Sacks has been a prominent in his echoing of Russian propaganda the last few years.
Vatnikan: Issue 001âââHow David Sacks helps to spread conspiracy theories and Russian propaganda

Both Sacks and Thiel have been talking to Elon quite a bit the last few years and have had quite an influence on him.

I don't know if Sacks is a convenient idiot being used by the Kremlin or if he's a willing stooge for them. Russia has been cultivating influential people in the US for years to tout their propaganda.

I have finished the interview. The first 40min history lecture made Putin feel like a bully. Then it got a lot better with Putin seeming more reasonable. The second half Putin basically confirmed the Elon/Sacks story, seemed very gentleman in that he mostly stated what he had said and told Tucker to ask the other side what they said.

I came away with more respect for Putin. I doubt that Biden would do a ~3h interview with a Russian Journalist... Does Biden even do unstructured talks with anyone anymore?

A lot of the detail Putin gave should be easy to fact check/correct. I found some minor errors such as Indonesias population, but I think that was an honest mistake. The story he tells is ofc his side of the story, but a lot of it makes sense and there should be pretty easy to disprove it if he is lying and not to hard to verify if it's true.

I think I and many others have dismissed Putin as semi-mad. But he seems very lucid and knowledgable, dangerous in the sense that he is good at winning debates. Think Putin will gain a lot of deserved and undeserved respect among republicans for this interview.
There's a well moderated subreddit call AskHistorians which is fact checking the Tucker interview (well, the historical bits, as the name suggests). From my initial read it sounds like it is solid propaganda with a lot of truthful statements but the exclusion of counterarguments and broader context which ends up giving a false impression of the situation. The best propaganda is narrowly true.

Oh he won’t take more land, eh? Didn’t Putin also “suggest” he wasn’t going to invade Ukraine before the war started? That they were just “training exercises?

Oh he won’t take more land, eh? Didn’t Putin also “suggest” he wasn’t going to invade Ukraine before the war started? That they were just “training exercises?

I argued for a deal earlier when we had much more leverage and we could have gained some land back. Biden has spent that leverage. If we reach a deal now there is enough leverage to keep current boundaries and place the remainder of Ukraine in NATO.

That probably won't happen and the money will run out or Trump comes in. In which case you need to depend on my Trump deal plan which I admit is not an 80% likelihood.

91m views of Tucker now in just over 12 hours. More leverage lost. Might be difficult for a Republican politician to vote for anything containing Ukraine money now.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz and Tiger

lol. What, you respect a murderous dictator that has killed and ruined millions of lives just for his imperialist ambitions? Do you have similar respect for other similar dictators like Hitler, etc?

It would be “over” within a few weeks just means Ukraine won’t be able to fight back and they can kill/rape/torture with ease.