Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, unable to transfer link.

IMG_1884.jpeg

Allegedly some 'deep intel' on the Russian Dictator and the Hungarian Orbán. You'll have to visit the X-link yourselves since I'm unsure about what I'm allowed to post – this being a US-centric family friendly forum and all...

It is safe for work though.

twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1758012807633621412

Last edited:
Allegedly some 'deep intel' on the Russian Dictator and the Hungarian Orbán. You'll have to visit the X-link yourselves since I'm unsure about what I'm allowed to post – this being a US-centric family friendly forum and all...

Maybe these too:
Would explain if they are being blackmailed. Old KGB tactic.

Day 721: Ukraine Map | Russians show 1st debris from GLSDB strike (Feb 14, 2024 )

View attachment 1018651

Possibly fins/aft section from the gliding/manoeuvre section. Hope Russians will find many more.

Budmo!

Good to see the GLSDB in operation.

Bananas can be grown outside the tropics. Iceland grows a lot of them in greenhouses heated with geothermal heat. It takes 2X the time to grow than in the tropics, but Iceland eats a lot of bananas per capita (among the highest consumption in the world) and it's all domestic production.

I take this report with a grain of salt. It falls into the stranger things have happened category, but these sorts of stories have also turned out to be false in the past.

A story on NBC nightly news tonight about Russia working on a nuclear powered satellite to potentially disrupt communication satellites. If this is true, I wonder if it’s in response to Starlink in Ukraine. Isn’t Starlink the only decent communications system still working in Ukraine?
Unless it is going to cause the Kessler syndrome I don't see how it would have a material impact on starlink as new unaffected satellites would orbit minutes after any nuclear/emp blast.

I interpreted the killer Russian satellites as being designed with nuclear propulsion, not armament.
I think the whole story is probably bunkum designed to stir things up even more and sway some fence-sitters to side with UKR.
As said above, 1 or 2 small nukes or even a larger EMP device going off in low earth orbit isn't going to disrupt Starlink much and would end up damaging or destroying other much more sensitive assets belonging to countires friendly and unfriendly to Russia.
The only other likely targets would be spy satellites and larger comms satellites, but taking one of those out isn't a trivial task.

Also, anything with a nuclear warhead or propulsion being sent into space by Russia has a non-zero chance of failing before it gets to orbit and that in itself is probably enough to make the Russians very wary of deployment. Porbably as much as using a tactical nuke on the battlefield.

They know how many conventional missile failures they've been having in recent months. It's way above average and will probably only get worse, especially if the west can actually make sanctions stick.
And on that note, here's a story about yet another German company still indirectly selling engineering parts to Russia. This sort of thing needs to be halted immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Interesting timing of Navalny's death. Happened right at the beginning of the U.S. House going into recess now until February 28.

Someone whose name rhymes with Shootin' and Lootin' may have calculated that if the House were still in session, Navalny's death might be enough to push the Speaker to bring the Senate-passed package to the floor where it was already expected to pass there. Calculation may be that by Feb 28, enough people would already have forgotten about his death to forestall bringing the package to the floor.