Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From this morning’s Guardian news feed:

Looks like UKR weaponized a Cessna...

NOTE: Warning to all headphone users...

A drone hit a kamikaze drone factory in Russia's Tatarstan region, some 1,200 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, in what appears to be Kyiv's deepest strike within Russia since the start of Moscow's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Looks like UKR weaponized a Cessna...

NOTE: Warning to all headphone users...

A drone hit a kamikaze drone factory in Russia's Tatarstan region, some 1,200 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, in what appears to be Kyiv's deepest strike within Russia since the start of Moscow's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Sure does look an awful lot like my Cessna 152. Which is weird, as it must light up a radar scope like a Christmas tree given it's all aluminum construction. Russia's air defense must be getting really bad if they are letting these things through. That said, remind me to not go flying near the Russian boarder for a while 🤪.

Sure does look an awful lot like my Cessna 152. Which is weird, as it must light up a radar scope like a Christmas tree given it's all aluminum construction. Russia's air defense must be getting really bad if they are letting these things through. That said, remind me to not go flying near the Russian boarder for a while 🤪.
Weird you’d say? I bet Mathias Rust doesn’t think it weird.

Reporting suggests it was actually an Ukrainian Aeroprakt A-22LS Foxbat.

Reporting suggests it was actually an Ukrainian Aeroprakt A-22LS Foxbat.

Aeroprakt_Foxbat_A-22L_%E2%80%98G-CEWR%E2%80%99_%2840787279615%29.jpg

Is this believable? I so want it to be but how many times have these people let Ukraine down?

I've read a few probably similar articles.

I'm still skeptical. I'm worried about the deceitful way Johnson is framing it. He seems to imply that it's a problem of getting enough votes to pass. But this is false. Really it's a problem of him not sending the existing bill up for a vote.

These other plans he's coming up with don't seem serious to me. I feel that he's still playing games to waste time.

Ukraine planned to strike more Russian targets, Skybytskyi claimed, with undercover agents playing a part. Some were “Russians with Ukrainian roots”; others were non-ideological Russians recruited in exchange for payments. The “pool” was so large the HUR could pick and choose candidates for sabotage operations, he said.

‘No choice’: Ukraine eyes Kerch bridge in Crimea for drone attack

Edit: from today’s Guardian news feed.

Edit: from today’s Guardian news feed.
Excellent. Saw on today's Denys Davydov update that Russians are claiming the record setting drone attack couldn't have come from Ukraine and must have come from Kazakhstan because of the distance. But I'd think the Russians will have better air defense of the Kerch bridge so it will be difficult unless Ukraine does a simultaneous coordinated attack with multiple air and sea drones to overwhelm them.

All US media are completely silent about this statement from UN Secretary General, unlike that time when Elon opposed Ukraine striking Crimea, because reasons...

United Nations Secretary General spokesperson, Stéphane Dujarric, condemned the Ukrainian drone attack on a drone manufacturing enterprise in Russia’s Tatarstan Republic, labeling it "civilian infrastructure" in a briefing.

The UN opposes "attacks on civilian infrastructure", he replied when asked if the UN would comment on the drone attack on Tatarstan. "We stand against and call for a halt to all attacks on civilian infrastructure," he said.

• Informative
Reactions: petit_bateau

All US media are completely silent about this statement from UN Secretary General, unlike that time when Elon opposed Ukraine striking Crimea, because reasons...
We can’t care what the UN says in this war while not caring what they say in the other war....best not to care what the UN says altogether

I'm guessing it's because the UN Secretary General has clearly began a hobby of huffing paint. And therefore his statements aren't meaningfully connected to reality.

Reactions: madodel
Excellent. Saw on today's Denys Davydov update that Russians are claiming the record setting drone attack couldn't have come from Ukraine and must have come from Kazakhstan because of the distance. But I'd think the Russians will have better air defense of the Kerch bridge so it will be difficult unless Ukraine does a simultaneous coordinated attack with multiple air and sea drones to overwhelm them.

The Kerch Bridge is very well defended. The Russians put up floating barriers around the bridge to deter naval drones and there is a lot of air defense. The Ukrainians have been developing tactics used on Crimea to make attacks using different technologies (mostly drones and S-200s) to push Russian air defense units to the limits. When the air defense systems have expended all their missiles and are reloading, in come the Storm Shadows.

I would not be surprised if the Ukrainians were working on a submersible drone to go under the floating barriers. If Ukraine could make the bridge supports unstable, that would take the bridge out of service for a long time. Especially if the damage was below water.

A multi-prone attack first with drones and S-200s to saturate air defense and force them to use up their missiles, then Storm Shadows and ATACMS (the US gave them a few long range ATACMS) combined with an underwater naval drone assault might actually damage the bridge enough to put it out of action for a year or more.

Interesting about Romania. The Russians may back off on their messing with Moldova if they know they will have to contend with Romania's military. Compared to the entire Russian army Romania's forces are barely a footnote, but compared to their force in Transnistria, Romania badly outmatches them.

Yes, because Russia is not a racist, bigoted nation, are they? They are certainly a unique example.

Putin says Russia cannot be target for Islamic fundamentalists due to the country’s ‘unique example of interfaith harmony’

“Judging by the current findings of the investigation, we have every reason to believe that the main goal of the perpetrators of the bloody, horrendous terrorist act in Moscow was to destroy our unity,” said Putin. “There are no other apparent goals; they do not exist because Russia cannot be a target of terrorist attacks by Islamic fundamentalists.”

According to Putin, Russia sets a unique example of interfaith harmony and unity, as well as interreligious and interethnic unity. “And on the international stage, [Russia] conducts itself in such a manner that it would hardly be targeted by Islamic fundamentalists,” Putin added.