Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RV Parks Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am presently at the second RV park I have come to to try and get my Nema 14.50 working. The only charge I can get is from a 120. These people talk about 50 A I don’t know an app for me right banana Perhaps my Nemo 1450 is only good up to 30 A and that’s why they are not working anyway looks like I’m stuck here for about four hours Pardon the bad punctuation I am dictating

I am presently at the second RV park I have come to to try and get my Nema 14.50 working. The only charge I can get is from a 120. These people talk about 50 A I don’t know an app for me right banana Perhaps my Nemo 1450 is only good up to 30 A and that’s why they are not working anyway looks like I’m stuck here for about four hours Pardon the bad punctuation I am dictating
I have 39 miles on my little battery meter that hotel that has a Tesla charger is 46 miles

If they have a 50amp receptacle, it should work with the NEMA 14-50 plug for your Mobile Connector. That said, the Tesla Connector needs a working ground for it to charge. Sometimes these RV parks aren’t wired the best .... also — many times there’s a circuit breaker for the 50amp Connector. Make sure that baby’s turned on.

So as a Plan B ....
They might also have what’s called a “TT-30” connection. (travel trailer 30amp).

It’s 30amp, BUT only 120volts. It’ll give you about 7-8 miles per hour of range. Better than nothing! You would need a special adapter for it. There are two options:

#1 - easiest and safest, will automatically set the car’s charging amperage to 24amps. You just replace the plug on the Mobile Connector with it and go! TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

#2 - cheaper, but you MUST set the car’s charging amperage to 24amps manually. You’d use the NEMA 14-50 plug with your Mobile Connector, and put this adapter on the end. This is what I use: AC WORKS EVSE Charging Adapter RV TT-30P 30 Amp Plug to 50 Amp Electric Vehicle Adapter for Tesla Model S-EVTT30MS - The Home Depot

Good luck!!

If they have a 50amp receptacle, it should work with the NEMA 14-50 plug for your Mobile Connector. That said, the Tesla Connector needs a working ground for it to charge. Sometimes these RV parks aren’t wired the best .... also — many times there’s a circuit breaker for the 50amp Connector. Make sure that baby’s turned on.

So as a Plan B ....
They might also have what’s called a “TT-30” connection. (travel trailer 30amp).

It’s 30amp, BUT only 120volts. It’ll give you about 7-8 miles per hour of range. Better than nothing! You would need a special adapter for it. There are two options:

#1 - easiest and safest, will automatically set the car’s charging amperage to 24amps. You just replace the plug on the Mobile Connector with it and go! TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

#2 - cheaper, but you MUST set the car’s charging amperage to 24amps manually. You’d use the NEMA 14-50 plug with your Mobile Connector, and put this adapter on the end. This is what I use: AC WORKS EVSE Charging Adapter RV TT-30P 30 Amp Plug to 50 Amp Electric Vehicle Adapter for Tesla Model S-EVTT30MS - The Home Depot

Good luck!!
The church current is fixed 12 A and cannot be increased

The church current is fixed 12 A and cannot be increased

With the regular 120V plug, yes. I know the TT-30 won’t help you now but it’s not a bad Connector to buy and keep in the car with you. I figure with the 120V, the 240v and the TT-30 adapter, I’m covered for almost any situation.

I really wonder if they just don’t have a solid ground on the 240V receptacle. That would definitely cause the Mobile Connector to not work.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
With the regular 120V plug, yes. I know the TT-30 won’t help you now but it’s not a bad Connector to buy and keep in the car with you. I figure with the 120V, the 240v and the TT-30 adapter, I’m covered for almost any situation.

I really wonder if they just don’t have a solid ground on the 240V receptacle. That would definitely cause the Mobile Connector to not work.
You better I’m gonna order one of those mothers tomorrow I had this problem last week when I went to a fork but I squeaked by. On that occasion I did not even have my cable with me. The name of the town is Hayfork. It is more Remote then Johnson island

Reactions: DR61
An RV park can be miswired so that it works normally for most RVs but won't charge an EV. If one stall is that way, others near it are likely to be, too.

That's because most RVs treat the 14-50 as two 50 A 120V banks, running each line to neutral, while all EVs make it a single 240V by running line1 to line2.

If the park wired both hot lines to one side of the transformer, the EV sees no power but the RV works normally.