Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LR RWD pre-ordered. I understand things change. But like others have noted, people have been pre-ordering LR RWD for almost a year. I find it hard to believe Tesla is just going to abandon these people. I am hoping for the best.

Hopefully they will at least let us know.
I don't think you'll be abandoned, just delayed. But hey, what do I know right.

The LR RWD is the best bang for your buck Model Y in my opinion so I think people who have them on hold will hold onto them for a while. My order shows the changed wheels and AP added (weren't there before yesterday) so Im sure Tesla is aware of this and will speak on it in due time before March deliveries begin.

The LR RWD is the best bang for your buck Model Y in my opinion so I think people who have them on hold will hold onto them for a while. My order shows the changed wheels and AP added (weren't there before yesterday) so Im sure Tesla is aware of this and will speak on it in due time before March deliveries begin.
If I recall correctly, last night the Gemini Wheels showed up on my order but the order didn't specify AWD or RWD. Now showing the following:
  • Model Y
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Hoping that confirms they will be making RWD model Ys, at least for those who ordered them. Now the question is where in the delivery timeline will these fall.

If I recall correctly, last night the Gemini Wheels showed up on my order but the order didn't specify AWD or RWD. Now showing the following:
  • Model Y
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Hoping that confirms they will be making RWD model Ys, at least for those who ordered them. Now the question is where in the delivery timeline will these fall.

Yup my wheels changed last night and AP added this morning since I didn't add AP at the time of reservation so Tesla must be aware of the situation. Just hoping they don't push the production back to far. Would love to have the car by summer

I guess I missed my opportunity. After all the pricing shenanigans with my M3, I figured I'd wait until I got to sit in a seven seater to confirm it's what I want.....but now not only can't I order RWD, but the 7 seat option is no longer selectable. Even if I could select the 7-seat option, prices went up. They really seem to be serious about not offering 7-seater until 2021. That makes it likely that I won't be able to sit in one anytime soon, the prices are higher, I can't lock my pricing down, and the deposit is no longer refundable (while only $100, without confirming the size of the back seat is a gamble)....Sigh. This latest development might have just put the nail in the coffin for the MY becoming the next family mobile.

• Model Y
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

Wait!!! That's my config !!! How did you get into my account. LOL. Glad to know I'm not the only one that order LR RWD with white interior.......I'm getting a lot of crap from my friends about getting the white interior.

Reactions: dontblinkdoc
I can afford to spring for the higher AWD, but if they discontinue the RWD model and don’t honor preorders, I’m out of the Tesla brand to be honest. It won’t be about money but it will be about losing trust with Tesla.

That will make me move over to Ford Mach E. I have a reservation for both a Tesla Y RWD (placed about a month ago after reconsidering an earlier position I had on not doing a preorder) and one reservation for a Mach E California Edition.
not a good choice with Ford Mach-E coz long road trip would rely on non-Tesla fast charging network, which all of the sucks. No where near as good as Tesla in terms of reliability, ease of use, number of location, charging cost etc.

Mine changed, too. It’s still LR RWD, tho.

Except I DO NOT WANT the 19” wheels. I want the 18” with aerocovers for maximum range and better pothole protection.

I will wait and see what my options are.

For now... I do nothing. I change nothing. Because why bother?
Pretty sure only 19, 20, 21 inch wheels are available for Model Y, there is no 18 inch option.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zoomit and CyberShy
I guess I missed my opportunity. After all the pricing shenanigans with my M3, I figured I'd wait until I got to sit in a seven seater to confirm it's what I want.....but now not only can't I order RWD, but the 7 seat option is no longer selectable. Even if I could select the 7-seat option, prices went up. They really seem to be serious about not offering 7-seater until 2021. That makes it likely that I won't be able to sit in one anytime soon, the prices are higher, I can't lock my pricing down, and the deposit is no longer refundable (while only $100, without confirming the size of the back seat is a gamble)....Sigh. This latest development might have just put the nail in the coffin for the MY becoming the next family mobile.
why would you want the 7 seat option? Last row of seat in Model Y is only big enough for people under 5 years old and that's it.

why would you want the 7 seat option? Last row of seat in Model Y is only big enough for people under 5 years old and that's it.
... the common thought is that anyone under 5'6 would have sufficient head room in the rear seats. That covers almost my entire family :)

Would you use the same argument against anyone ever owning a 7 or 8 seat old school station wagon, or a Toyota Highlander, or a 3-row Santa Fe, or a 3-row 4-runner, or a 3-row CRV, Rav4, Outlander, etc. etc. etc.

In short, _your_ preferences about whether a 3rd row is useful are not universal.

Reactions: rathjebaxter