Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 67 62.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One Telsa employee told me that another customer got the left body controller assembly installed. They just would not install the motor assembly. I will try another service center and see if they will install the left body controller. If so, I can attempt the motor install again. The bottom line is you cannot let them know that you are attempting an unauthorized retrofit. Asking them to install the motors is a dead giveaway. There is also a manual adjutable tilt retrofit that requires no motors by another member. You just move the screen at anytime to the position you want. That requires removing the wormgear. I will have to check into that.
I have an idea. Remove the screen and try getting the motor assembly snug fit first. You’ll see what’s going on better and Once you do that a couple of times, it loosens the joints the bolts go into a bit . Also the cables that were getting in your way are easier to position around the motors.

Then attach the screen for your final take!

I took apart some of the motor assembly and cannot fix it. My thought was to move the motors to my old assembly. The gearing is completely different (with plastic gears inside, so it does not work. So If Tesla installs the left controller, I can buy a new motor assembly and try to install it.
I was able to see the holes line up and put the screww through using the camera on my phone, so I would do that with the motor assembly.

Reactions: Bull and MFrunkerOG
I am going to see if I can get the left controller assembly installed first. If Tesla does that, I can then try to reinstall the motor assembly.
There is one thing you can do to make the VCLeft much easier to install. Remove the drivers seat. It’s just held to the floor with 4 bolts (25ft-lb) and an electrical harness plug. That thing comes out very easily and then you don’t have to contort your body into physical harm with the vcleft

I took apart some of the motor assembly and cannot fix it. My thought was to move the motors to my old assembly. The gearing is completely different (with plastic gears inside, so it does not work. So If Tesla installs the left controller, I can buy a new motor assembly and try to install it.
I was able to see the holes line up and put the screww through using the camera on my phone, so I would do that with the motor assembly.
You definitely need toolbox access to do this. I did not remove the seat to do it but certainly did feel some back pain. Its not an easy location to pull those wire harnesses but you can do it. The motors did take some finesse to get in there. Just make sure you have good padding under the screen when mounting it on.