Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S100D Air Conditioner Cuts out on Humid Days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S100D was doing this same intermittent AC cutout. Took it to the SC and they replaced a wiring harness. Apparently the air suspension comms were clobbering the AC comms at times. Haven't had any issue since the replacement.

If the car intentionally reduces cabin cooling in favor of battery cooling, it should throw an alert and tell you right on the 17" touchscreen. If it doesn't do that when cabin cooling cuts out, then you likely have a hardware problem that needs to be addressed by the service center. Even the alert may be indicative of a hardware issue as in my case. I was supercharging on a trip from Arizona to California a couple of weeks ago, I kept getting this error and could not sit inside the cabin while supercharging. Turns out that my radiator louvers were not functioning correctly and I confirmed with a call to service. My louvers have been replaced and I no longer have any cabin cooling issues while supercharging even when it's over 110 degrees outside.

Received 26.3 update last night for my ‘16 MS75.
The Airconditioning is now working great and the battery usage is much better - low 300’s compared to mid 400’s. Lots of sweating and talking to the Lexus dealer about going back to their products after much frustration.
Tesla pulled back the 26.3 to 26.2 and the cooling problem has returned with high battery usage. AC compressor sounds like a jet turbine running wide open.

2018.26 S100D June 2017
Happens to me today. Outside temp 27 and super humid, inside set to 21. Got warm and humid air for a few minutes. Manually cycle ac off and on, decrease set temp to 20, it started to blow cold again. No idea if my actions fixed it or it was just a correlation. Not good.

See attached pic for interior temp spike and subsequent recovery. Note the falling exterior temp, it was a hot day and a thunderstorm rolled in. As the happened, humidity rose to near 100%

Attachments

• F2FA90E6-0E7A-46DA-A2AE-D9A4C366796C.jpeg
    F2FA90E6-0E7A-46DA-A2AE-D9A4C366796C.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 51
  • 77140538-A3D7-4B6D-A35A-059349A70766.jpeg
    77140538-A3D7-4B6D-A35A-059349A70766.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 37
UPDATE: like many others the update (.26) appeared to have fixed the problem for good. I haven't had a cutout in about 2 weeks

While not near as severe as some others have related here, my car on V2018.26 3bb STILL cuts out from time to time. I scroll wheel to LO and it usually fixes itself within a few minutes but not for more that 3 minutes or so at most.

While not near as severe as some others have related here, my car on V2018.26 3bb STILL cuts out from time to time. I scroll wheel to LO and it usually fixes itself within a few minutes but not for more that 3 minutes or so at most.

i have a 2017 S75, and this has happened several times in the past month. Very uncomfortable here in Houston....I took it to the service center last year and they replaced a part which showed a fault, but the problem is still there. Is this still an issue? I am on the latest software revision.